• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

heartbroken.

AlaskanWife

Reaction score
It's breaking my heart to be writing in this forum.
Our baby was an unexpected surprise, but we loved that Little Surprise.

I went to the midwife on Friday for my first labs/blood draw, and then on Saturday morning the bleeding and cramps began. The worst of it was over by 1:00 that afternoon. It was awful. It all just happened so suddenly and so fast, leaving me physically and emotionally empty. And my husband wasn't even able to be home that day, so I went through the whole thing alone.

So it's day 4 now of bleeding/spotting, and of processing this loss. I think I have a different set of emotions every day, from wondering "did that really happen?", to daydreaming about what the baby would have been like, to being angry, to feeling hopeless and alone.

I know there are so many more of you out there who have been through this. It just feels so isolating, because no one around me in my life right now has been through it or understands. My husband is a wonderful supporter and I'm so thankful for him. I just need someone who understands, to tell me it's going to be okay and one day I'll feel like myself again.

I don't have experience, but I am sincerely sorry for your loss. I wish you and your hubby all the best.

I'm so sorry for your loss, sending hugs. I do know exactly what you're going through, and I can honestly say it will get better. You may not feel 100% yourself all the time, but you will be yourself again. It'll get easier, and you'll find yourself being upset less and less. There will always be times when it pops back to you, and you may feel like having a cry, but it will happen less often.
Thinking of you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"