Heartburn cures please?

charlottecco2

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Does anyone know what I can take for heartburn, have been getting it severely lately, and can't stand it. Is anything safe for me to take? xx:wacko:

tums! they work too and according to my pharmacist the best dose for preggie ladies. i bought the fruit flavoured ones you can chew or let dissolve. they dont taste bad only a bit chalky

tums! they work too and according to my pharmacist the best dose for preggie ladies. i bought the fruit flavoured ones you can chew or let dissolve. they dont taste bad only a bit chalky

oh can i have tums?? yey xx thanks

Gaviscon!!!
I swear by it and you should be able to get a prescription next time you see MW or GP
I used to go through a huge bottle a week sometimes 2 LOL

well the tums have a warning on the back but according to the pharmacist its a standard warning for pregnant woman. i dont want to give out medical advice so u could ask your doc first to make sure but i think its safe from the advice i got

Warm water with lemon is worth a try!

Go to the gp hun. You can get anything on free prescription now. I can't stomach Gaviscon when I'm pg, and they gave me something else (sorry, can't remember the name!:blush:), but it was tablet form, and tasted like butterscotch!!!

My doctor said Tums are definately ok! You can't use Pepto (which I don't know if you all even have there) but the Tums are fine!

Go to the gp hun. You can get anything on free prescription now. I can't stomach Gaviscon when I'm pg, and they gave me something else (sorry, can't remember the name!:blush:), but it was tablet form, and tasted like butterscotch!!!

ohhhh sounds yummy, thanks. I'll ask my gp. Didn't realise prescriptions were free, have been paying for them grrr lol xx

Gaviscon, safe to use whilst pregnant.. always check the writing on the back though, just to be sure! worked great for me, instant relief.

Zantac 150
I been taking one every 12 hrs , im dying if i dont
And I know babies are given Zantac too.

there are a few websites if you google it youll get a list of medications safe to take.

Gaviscon or Rennie or for a good herbal version crystallised ginger is totally safe (ginger biscuits work for me too)!!

I am big on natural herbal cures when possible..black licorice is good for heartburn, or Peppermint tea or Pineapple juice, which contains an enzyme called bromelain (bromelain can also be bought in tablet form)

gaviscon worked a treat for me but the chewable ones as the liquid makes me heave!

Also try peppermint tea...

Tums have a warning obn the back for pregnant women, it says take no more than 7 a day so I guess theyre safe. Theyve been lifesavers for me!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->