• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heartburn is gone?!

Lisa92881

Reaction score
I've had heartburn basically everyday (with the odd day off here and there) since about 10 weeks. I realized today I haven't had it in 4 days!!!! :thumbup: Wondering if this means baby has dropped?! I don't have any other "symptoms" of him dropping, and my belly doesn't look or feel different. Last night and the night before I felt like he was head butting my cervix, but that has stopped. It's just so strange that my heartburn has disappeared....anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?? :shrug:

I just noticed the same thing! I've had heartburn every day til about a couple of days ago, and since than I took a couple of occasional Tums just in case cause I am so used to them lol. I hope it stays this way!

Yes! You dropped. My heartburn stopped imidiatley after I dropped.

No waaaaay. :happydance: Shouldn't my bump look lower?!

ETA - I know we've discussed this in a few other threads, but you're due the day before me! :)

Yeah i've heard that means baby has dropped :) unfortunately for me, my baby is engaged and definitely dropped but still getting heart burn :( prepared to have a very hairy baby!! ;)

I'm sooooo jealous!!!! Come on baby, drop drop DROP!!!!

I'm pretty sure my baby hasn't dropped, but my heartburn disappeared a few weeks ago too. Very strange!!

I think the dropping can be gradual too. For me the week I dropped it was obvious. Her pelvis felt low and people started commenting on how low my belly looked. My heartburn stopped and I began peeing ALOT :) about a week after that. My Braxton hicks were more like menstrel cramps :). Fun to know our bodies are getting ready for labor.

Good luck hun. Hope you get your baby soon :)

She felt low in my pelvis lol not her pelvis felt low
Haha

Ps Lisa!!! We're so close! Have they cervix checked you?? I'm 1cm.

The same thing happened to me too but its back with a vengeance now!

I went through a bad bad heartburn phase, and now, nothing! havent had any gaviscon for weeks! (after me stocking up aswell !) also ive found i can eat more as sometimes i felt a bit restricted in there, maybe my bellys dropped a bit too but nothings worse than that sickly feeling it gives you so im glad!

Well I jinxed myself cause my heartburn made its grand reappearance at 3am. :dohh:

Glow - My dr checked me at 35+2 and nothing was going on down there. Since then though I've felt some period like cramps and some pinchy feelings in my cervix, so I wonder! She said she'll check me again at 40 weeks.

Been heartburn free for two nights and all of yesterday, mum thinks the bump looks lower (her actual words being: "oh, you got your cleavage back then!").

Seems a bit early tbh but I know it's not necessarily an indication of actually going into labour early so... meh. Just enjoying not having to chug the Rennie's!

I've heard that the baby dropping= less heartburn is a myth. Isn't heartburn caused by the muscle relaxing (during pregnancy), therefore allowing the stomach acid to come up? I had heartburn BAD until about 3 weeks ago. (I'm almost 35 weeks). It still comes back every now and then, but not nearly as bad as before. When I would get it, it would be so bad that it made me throw up. So glad that's over with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->