Heartrate only 120-130 at 14 weeks?

LadyLovenox

Reaction score
Heard babes hearbeat today at 14 weeks. It was 120-130 range. Worries me bc my sons never went below 155, and usually was 165 or so. This seemed so low...anyone else have such a low heartrate at this gestation and everything was okay? The dr said it was normal but I still worry

If the doctor isn't worried then generally I wouldn't be. My angel babies were always high (150-160s), but this bean has never gone above 150. He's been a steady 140-145 since first tri. Both John Hopkins and the NIH say average is 110-160 with a variation of 5-25 bpm. So try not to worry :hugs:

I think (though I could be wrong) at this stage it's about consistency. There's variations when baby is moving vs testing, but generally the numbers stay in that 5-25 bpm range. :). But I'm glad I could help alleviate some worry :)

Hello,

With DS at 10 weeks (first appointment) he was 170bpm but by 14 weeks (2nd appointment) he was down to 135bpm. The rest of the pregnancy he was between 135-145 depending on his activity. He is now almost 11 months old.

I am currently pregnant 16 weeks with #2 and the heartbeat is in the 155-160BPM. At 10 weeks it was 170bpm.

Every pregnancy is different and consistency is key.

Thanks...that's what I worry about...two weeks ago,heartrate was 170! I bought a dopper online...It cannot get here soon enough! Just so worried that means baby is slowly not making it...

Please don't hold out too much trust on the HR figure the Doppler gives you! It won't be constant, it'll jump all over the place. My baby has been fairly consistently 140 at the scans & monitoring I've had but my Doppler never correlates to that. It jumps between 120-170 constantly! And I certainly trust the professionals more than myself with it. If you really are worried, do let your midwife/doctor know and maybe they can have another listen to reassure you? It sounds like all is OK though, the HB is in a very normal range!

I second that. Home dopplers cause more stress than relief from what I hear. I didn't bother investing in one because I felt like every few days someone was posting on here about how their doppler freaked them out.

DS's hb was 120-145 my entire pregnancy while DD and LO's hbs were 150-165 the entire time.

This baby was 155 at 7, 8, 9, and 11 weeks; down to 125 at 14 weeks (FREAKED me out more than a bit because I'd never had that happen and I've had a loss at 14 weeks), heard it but didn't get the number at 17 weeks, and now it's back up to 150s at 20 weeks. It may be that your bubs was sleeping when the hb was checked or simply just zoning out. When they are active, it goes up. When they aren't, it goes down. Fluctuation doesn't automatically mean something is wrong.

I just saw my doctor at 17+5 and baby's HB was 140. She said 110-160 was the range they were looking for in the 2nd trimester, so 140 was great. 120-130 would also fit right in there.

My baby's hb was not above 130 at 14 weeks. Am 24 weeks now. Midwife never mentioned anything and it's not something I've worried about. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->