Heat rash or food allergy?

Jft1

Reaction score
My DS is just over 5 months old. He's been getting this rash over his back and stomach for a couple of weeks. It seems to last a couple of days and then go away. He isn't bothered by it at all, it isn't itchy, he's taking his bottles fine etc.
He's been on solids for a few weeks now following the advice of my HV. He doesn't get fish, nuts, eggs, gluten, all the things they advise against until at least 6 months. He typically has some porridge, some fruit (apple and banana mainly) and some veg (carrot, potato and sweet potato). He's not had anything new recently so I can't think what it would be if it was an allergy. Although the photos do look similar to heat rash.

Any thoughts?

455FE34D-273B-4D62-8D4F-D2B0514CDF2C.jpeg 76036B5D-73A9-4C7E-B410-B87EE7703C18.jpeg

Looks kinda like prickly heat to me .

DS gets the same looking rash if he’s been in his car seat.

Might be worth just keeping a few notes of when it does flare up , see if you can find a connection with anything he’s touching , fabric softener etc xx

Looks kinda like prickly heat to me .

DS gets the same looking rash if he’s been in his car seat.

Might be worth just keeping a few notes of when it does flare up , see if you can find a connection with anything he’s touching , fabric softener etc xx
Thank you. I've been logging his food, but it's not flared up since. I've changed what he sleeps in in case he was too hot at night and it seems to have helped xx

Glad you’ve managed to find out what was causing it ! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->