heated airer (from lakeland or another supplier) reviews??

mummypeanut

baby due march 10th
Reaction score
https://www.lakeland.co.uk/heated-tower-airer/F/keyword/drying/product/21736/pgs/52

We are thinking about getting one of these as an alternative to buying a tumble dryer, which we dont have space for. Has anyone used one and is it worth it? So far ive found 4 positive reviews and 1 negative review.

I'm assuming because its similar to a readiator and the 'rungs' heat up we wouldnt be able to put any nappies with bamboo on it....but it would probably help with baby grows and our clothes etc which would make more space

We don't have one of those but we have a big heated towel rail, which is great. If you don't have the space for a tumble dryer then I reckon something like that is the next best thing.

:)

We don't have one of those but we have a big heated towel rail, which is great. If you don't have the space for a tumble dryer then I reckon something like that is the next best thing.

:)

thanks, do you use bamboo nappies and if so do you dry them on the towel rail or is that too much direct heat?

I have got some bamboo little lambs, and I must admit I have dried them on there :blush: but I don't use them regularly anymore, so don't know what it would be like to dry them like that every few days as it is not supposed to be good for the fibres. But, for me, if to use cloth you have to dry them in a way that isn't perfect, I would do it anyway.

Probably if you are going to use bamboo full time and need to dry them fast I would put them as close to the heat as I could without letting them touch it.

I have got some bamboo little lambs, and I must admit I have dried them on there :blush: but I don't use them regularly anymore, so don't know what it would be like to dry them like that every few days as it is not supposed to be good for the fibres. But, for me, if to use cloth you have to dry them in a way that isn't perfect, I would do it anyway.

Probably if you are going to use bamboo full time and need to dry them fast I would put them as close to the heat as I could without letting them touch it.

yeah at the moment we are considering the flexibots from totsbots which are a 2 part nappy with a bamboo and microfiber tongue....bamboo against the bum and microfiber inside to make it dry more quickly. I figure we wont be able to put these directly on the heat either!....but maybe if the rest of the clothes dry more quickly that will be enough to stop our house looking like a laundrette!!

I have one of those and LOVE it. We had it before LO arrived, and it's great for our own clothes too :lol:. For nappies, it's been amazing, they dry so quickly on it, and it's saving us a fortune in the tumble dryer not being on. Also heats the kitchen a treat :lol: I don't use bamboo nappies, so don't know about that, but I can tell you that the rails can get quite toasty (if that helps). Never too hot to touch (not dangerous), but hot to keep your hand on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->