Heather storyline on EastEnders

leelee

Mammy to 2
Reaction score
I am finding this very difficult to watch at the moment. It is so horrible to think that someone would have no money for electricity and baby food.

I know it is only a soap but I hope it all turns out okay for her.

I was just thinking the same, I really feel for poor Heather. I can't imagine being in that situation :-(

I feel sick thinking what's going to happen to George :-(

honestly its annoying me more then anything. Shes put her pride before feeding her baby. doesnt sit right with me

Do you think it happens in this country? People actually cant afford baby food?? Tragic if it does xx

What I don't understand is, she would receive child benefit, tax credits as she's working and I would of thought an allowance towards housing and council tax. I'm finding it slightly unrealistic, it would be a struggle but she wouldn't be left to starve.

Do you think it happens in this country? People actually cant afford baby food?? Tragic if it does xx

it definitely does and it's more common than you'd think, particularly in places like london where the cost of living is so high.

Phew George is ok , it is sad that someone can get in that situation and not have anyone to help :-( h has walked out of the room he can't watch it

Thats really shocking to me.. How do people end up in that position.. Id sell myself before id let ollie go with out xx

I would like to think that no-one would ever be in that situation but I agree that the cost of living is so high in some places that some people probably don't have a lot of money.

I do find the story realistic. I think she is having a breakdown or else the fumes are making her not think straight.

i had tears in my eyes. its only since becoming a mum things like that really have an impact on me, i know its only a storyline but i couldnt ever imagine being in a situation like that with alfie :cry:

<3

Mental . What mother would let their child go without. Poor baby. xx

ETA: I think I sound a bit harsh. That's what I get for typing while on the phone and trying to watch the Brits haha. I just meant I find it hard to believe that even her pride would stop her accepting help for the sake of her child xx

i had tears in my eyes. its only since becoming a mum things like that really have an impact on me, i know its only a storyline but i couldnt ever imagine being in a situation like that with alfie :cry:

<3

I know things like that definitely affect me way more since becoming a Mum.

Argh I wanted to slap Darren when he moaned about George being "dumped" on him. It's his child too. Selfish twonk.

Turning his nose up at Georges clothes when he barely contributes. :growlmad:

I would hate to think people would be in a situation like this. I was surprised she turned down the food when she couldn't even feed George and had considered stealing.

Same here, I instantly thought of my baby, if something went really wrong however there are two of us, therefore two incomes and family that would help, sadly I guess not everyone has this luxury

Yes she would be getting benefits but it only takes one thing to get out of control for things to go wrong

For some reason this really got to me tonight. Not sure why but I had a small cry. It made me realise although my son doesnt have everything, he still has a warm bed, niceish flat, and food and milk in his belly. That and love is all he needs (im trying to pick myself up here, because i'm overly emotional tonight!)

I hope it all works out OK in the end. However it does really annoy me that shes putting her pride infront of keeping her baby warm. I'd do anything to ensure Ben was warm and fed.

As we watched it I said to DH how I would do anything I could to feed LO and keep her safe and warm, no matter what it took. We all have pride, but we can't let it come before the health and well being of our babies.
I really feel for anyone in that situation. So sad.

I had something like that when Jessica first came back from the hospital, there was no electric or gas it had run out while i was in the hosp, it was freezing when we bought her in and i cried my eyes out, actually considered giving her away because i felt so crap...I blame that on crazy post labour emotions :wacko: Was all sorted within half an hour though lol.

When i was about 30 weeks pregnant we had a massive bill come through which we HAD to pay so i literally survived on cheap tins of beans for 2 weeks so now i always make sure there's at least 100 in the bank and i have 50 pounds in the house in spare change in a money pot for emergencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->