Heating's on!!!

DanielleM

Reaction score
It's so cold tonight!! Heating is on for the first time since summer. I love the smell of heating!! I try and make it until October as our bungalow is really well insulated, just 1 day early :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I would have done tonight but we have silly old storage heating so I could switch on but would get no heat until tomorrow!

I've never heard of storage heating. I'd put it on the weather says it's going to cold tomorrow night too!!

Heating on here too :( this house has 0 insulation and is so draughty :growlmad:

It is still pretty warm here but I have noticed it getting colder in the mornings so it probably won't be too long before switching the heating on now!

Really? I am absolutely roasting here, still sleeping with windows open and the covers off. Perhaps it's because of baby though! Can't wait until I can put heating on here then it will really feel like christmas is coming!

Our house is so warm, we still have the conservatory doors & windows open! I can't imagine putting it on for a good few weeks yet!

I dont have mine on yet (I do have it on in the morning for a while) but I can definitely see me having to soon.
We live in a Swedish Timber house, so its pretty crap in the winter, but starting from October, all of the houses in my street and the next are being properly insulated and roughcasted. Think £10K has been allocated to each property for the work to be done! I am so excited to a) have a warmer house and b) our house and street is going to look totally different!

It's still too warm here :( i wont complain too much though as it is quite a bit cooler than it was last week, you can feel that lovely chill to the air at night, we don't have the hot wind, so that's nice, but we still have the AC on lol hopefully in November it will be cold enough for the heater :)

I was thinking this morning I'm going to have to start putting the heating on in the mornings for an hour as it has been cold the past few mornings.

I'm still holding out but not sure how much longer I can do it. We have a separate water heater and a really old boiler we spent £125 last month without heating I dread the bill when I actually put the heating on :nope:

I turned mine on this morning as it felt a bit chilly. It did come on for a little bit so the thermostat thought it was cold enough to.

I would have done tonight but we have silly old storage heating so I could switch on but would get no heat until tomorrow!

We had that in our old house. Its so annoying, especially this time of year, and when its warming up in the spring. If you don't put it on you're freezing but if you do you're risking being too hot the next day if the sun comes out.
We used to just stick on extra jumpers and blankets and last it out till December. So much more expensive as well

We usually do December, January and February with heating on. We might do the occasional hour in the morning in November and March if it's particularly chilly

Ours has been on here for a few days now. :cold:

Mine has been on for a few days AND i have put the winter duvet on the bed :cold:

I've just got the throw over me on the couch tonight. Defo a nip in the air.

We had that in our old house. Its so annoying, especially this time of year, and when its warming up in the spring. If you don't put it on you're freezing but if you do you're risking being too hot the next day if the sun comes out.
We used to just stick on extra jumpers and blankets and last it out till December. So much more expensive as well

Yep windows wide open during the day as boiling (despite heaters being turned lowest they can go) or freezing at night - not ventured there yet, getting new ones this year which can be controlled lilke normal central heating can't wait :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->