Heeellllllooooo 2nd tri!

Savasanna

Reaction score
I made it!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop over and say hello. I heard from a few ladies over in first tri that the second tri boards are a little dead so I'm hoping we can liven things up over here.

So I just hit 14 weeks yesterday. Overall I'm feeling pretty good, although I've had a few new aches and pains that are creeping up on me. My next check in with my OB is on Thursday and after that I'll be telling my work the big news. Eeaak! I'm so nervous to tell my boss. How did you ladies handle that?

Welcome and congrats!

One of my managers at work is a guy I've known since high school, so it was fairly easy to tell him. And then I asked him to go with me to tell our bosses. They were both very nice about it.

Congratulations!!!!!! This board is really starting to liven up, and I'm glad you're here to help keep it active! Oh, the aches and pains of second tri... well, it's the best tri, so enjoy it. haha

lol - I think that's why I was so surprised! Everyone talks about the magical second trimester so I was surprised to find my tailbone is hurtting and it's difficult to roll over in bed and I can't sit up from a supine position without assistance and... ;)

I think I'm a little worried because I work in a small office and my department is a team of two, myself and my boss. So my maternity leave is going to be a bit of a bummer for him. Plus, I work an hour away from my home so I'm sure everyone is going to have the underlying "is she coming back" question.

Ah well. Not like not telling them is an option! Cat's going to come out of the bag eventually!

Welcome!! Woohoo second tri! I'm sure telling work will go just fine :) I think a lot of places often have the "is she coming back" question - including large businesses so don't dwell on it. Your boss has plenty of time to figure out what to do while you're on maternity leave :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->