Hello and question on GTT

puddlecat

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm just joining 3rd tri today :wave:

I have a quick question re GTT testing, I have mine in a couple of weeks (as my first baby weighed 10lbs 9oz!). For those that have had the test how did you feel afterwards? Did you feel ill or anything? Is it horrible?

Thanks all

Its not that bad i had to fast frm midnight (only water allowed) then 2 hrs b4 my appt at hosp which was 945am i had to drink 400mls Lucozade which wasnt nice at that time of the morning! Then i went to hosp and had a blood test at 945..that was it! i havent heard anything so im guessing all was OK as they said they'd call me if there was a problem otherwise id find out at 28 wk appt tmrw. Afterwards i was hungry so went for a cooked breakfast yum yum :) xx

I was more bored than anything! The drink I had was horrible and then I just had to sit in the corridor outside the room for 2 hours as was told that any walking around would affect the results (although the other 3 women disappeared for 2 hours!) Just sat and read my book. I did take some food for after however, as you may feel a bit sick/faint after not eating for so long so take something with you especially if you're driving. Hope it goes ok for you x

I had to fast from midnight and had to be at the hospital for about 9am when they took some blood. Then I had to drink the lucozade and wait 3 hours before having more blood taken. It wasn't too bad because at the time I didn't generally eat much before lunch time anyway, but I was ready for food by the time I got some - had a big fat mcdonalds!!

I wasnt allowed anything from 10pm the night before. Had a blood test at 9.30am and then the horrible drink and a loooooong wait (2hours ) and then another blood test. I was just shattered. The room i had to wait in was SO hot and it made me really sleepy. I made sure i took a snack with me for straight after my 2nd blood test and then i at my dinner as soon as i got back to work.

xxx

i had mine yesterday - fasted from midnight wasnt allowed water or anything but the test was fine really... didnt enjoy trying to down the drink within 5 minutes and felt a bit lightheaded after but otherwise it was fine :)

Got mine on Monday - so not looking forward to it! Are you booked in for one? xx

Got mine on Monday - so not looking forward to it! Are you booked in for one? xx

Yes mine is at the hospital on 7th Feb Im not looking forward to it either as I hate having blood taken! Its at 8.30am but nothing to eat from 10pm the night before Not looking forward to that either as I just love my food at the moment and seem to be permantly hungry!

Good luck for yours on Monday xx

I couldnt eat from 8pm the night before!! I hated watching OH stuff his face with chocolate crips and cake lol,
The drink wasnt very nice and after having the blood done it was just a really long boring wait, so take a book or magazine to read, and then take some food for when its all over incase you feel sick or dizzy, I took a banana and a chocolate bar and still felt poorly so maybe take something carby (sandwich)?

Good luck for the 7th :D I hate blood being taken too, usually because I end up like a pin cushion !! xxx

i couldnt eat from midnight i felt a bit crappy for not having anything to eat i have to eat in the morning now im pregnant lol

I've got mine tomorrrow! I have to drink lucozade at home then go to the hospital to have bllod taken 2 hours after. I also have a growth scan afterwards so hoping i feel well as I'm looking forward to seeing Squiggles again!

J x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->