Hello everyone :) I'm new!

lucy_smith

Reaction score
Can not believe I'm here! :) got my bfp yesterday and I'm getting excited ... Phoned the midwife and I'm booked in to see her on Thursday 15th! She said there is loads of paperwork and some bloods that need taking , how did u find your first appointment?

Anyone else here feel free to introduce yourself! As I don't know anyone here yet?

Congrats on your bfp!! Don't worry midwives are usually lovely. First appointments are great cause you can get any questions you need to ask off your chest. My advice is write them down before you get there so you don't forget.

Hi I'm laura, 24 and due with my second baby around 5th September. My DS is nearly 2. He will be 2yr7m when this LO arrives.

Regarding the midwife appointment I'd take a urine sample with you. They didn't mention it to me last time and I couldn't pee on demand whilst I was there haha.

Welcome! And, congrats :)

Best wishes for your appointment - it'll be here before you know it! My first appointment was pretty simple. I had to give blood and pee in a cup... all the fun stuff, haha. They did an ultrasound, but I don't know if you'll get one depending on how early you are. Either way, it'll be exciting and easy. Congrats again!

Congrats :) my first appt is on the 22nd :flower: happy and healthy 9 months x

Hi guys ! :)
Thanks for the advice!
Any idea what the bloods are taken for ? X

Hi guys ! :)
Thanks for the advice!
Any idea what the bloods are taken for ? X

Mine were taken to make sure I didn't have any STDs (HIV, etc.). Even though I knew I didn't have any, they still did it. I think it also checked a few hormone levels to make sure everything was looking good.

If it's in the uk the appointment will be quite long but the midwives are usually lovely :). They should take blood pressure and weigh you and measure height etc. they'll ask a million different questions your health, families health, partners health, employment history, past sexual infections if you've ever had any, education etc etc. literally so many questions, they usually ask whether you've suffered domestic abuse but don't worry it's all mandatory and thy have to ask :)
Oh and they will talk about taking folic acid, healthy eating and cutting certain foods out. If you smoke or drink they will give you advice on that too.
Usually they're really interesting make sure you write any questions down if you think you'll forget to ask them x

Sometimes they take the bloods for certain infections, anaemia or Down syndrome testing. I'm sure if you ask they'll happily explain what they are for x

Congrats! I found out on the 31st that I am pregnant w my 3rd I have a 5tr old boy and 3month old girl I'm married im 24 my husband is 25 we are sooo excited I called my doctor right away too but she scheduled me for the 23rd of this months for my first appt. I can't wait!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->