Hello from a new member

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
Hello all im new here.
Im 28, married nearly a year but been with the other half other 9 years.
About 16 years ago (god is it that long already) I went to my doctors complaining about iregular cycles having only about 3 a year but they refused to do any testing.
By the time I was 19 id had enough of not being taken seriously and after having my charming Dr shout at me "think yourself lucky most women would kill to not have them every month" (never go to a PMS Dr about cycle problems) I started reading up about symptoms I had and came up with the conclusion I had polycystic ovaries.
I went to a new Dr with this idea and they agreed to test me, after a few scans they agreed I did have PCOS to the point where there wasnt much left of my overies and was told there wasnt much chance of me ever falling pregnant.
It is still my strong belief that if I was taken seriously earlier something could have been done about it.
I suppose we have been trying for a baby for nearly 8 years technically but only officialy for the last year since the wedding.
Its been many years of iregular cycles, raised hopes, false alarms and annoying negative results.
But even after all this I have hopes, a year ago I started a new very energetic job and because of this have lost a fair bit of weight and started a rugular cycle.
I am now on my 6 consecutive cylce (somthing thats never happened before) proof that my body can work after all and have new hopes that I still have a chance.
Anyway thats enough about me ill shut up now and heres to future hopes, dreams and nappies

Welcome to BnB! :hi:

And good luck to you with getting a :bfp:

:)

Welcome to BabyandBump, and i wish you the best of luck on your journey :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g