Hello got fsh and lh results but i don't know what they mean

posh1738

Reaction score
Hello ladies I could really use some friendly advice. I am 36 years old and on last year I had blood test ran to check my FSH and LH levels. When I received the results I did not know that I needed to talk to the doctor about the results. Reason being because I just had decided to start trying to have another child.Also it was my first time getting blood test ran for something like this and honestly I just did not know what to do. Yes I am of age but I just never thought after actually having 5 kids before all before I turned 30. That I would one day decide once I turned 35 to have one more child. I do have 4 living children at this time. Here are my results from my FSH 4.7 the results from my LH 2.5. So if anyone can tell me if these results are good are bad I would appreciate it. Also I took the test last year before I turned 36. Also do anyone think that I should try to take another FSH and LH test. I can not afford fertility treatment so I am hoping to have another child naturally. Thank you ladies and I wish you all lots of baby dust.

Here are my results from my FSH 4.7 the results from my LH 2.5.

Hi Posh-
Your levels tend to be good, but since they are a year old, you might consider retesting. There is a chart on fertilityplus (Advanced Ferility Issues button and then Hormone levels and Fertility Bloodwork) that has typical ranges, but there are varying opinions from doctors. You might also consider having E2 (estradiol) and AMH (anti-mullerian hormone) done as well. Even though you said that you can't afford infertility treatments, you might be able to use clomid if results show that you could be responsive to stimulation. At times, I think that I've read too many things, but then I try to tell myself that "knowledge is power", right? Best of luck!!!

Thanks very much cupcake I most definitely will take your advice. Thank you for taking the time to reply you have helped me.

thats a great FSH number, I think they want under 10. I was 5 one month and 4.5 another so pleased with mine (mine is testing monthly as I:m doing IUI). LH Im not sure about as it changes in the month so I dont think means much.
If you are not planning on having any fertility treatments I wouldnt bother having it tested again, but if you find you are not pregnant within a year you may want to check it.

Thank you Sarah for your help. I wish you great success with TTC I know it will happen for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->