hello.... hoping we can join in the discussions!

LittlePickle

Reaction score
Hi there!

I am Pickle and we have just welcomed our darling son, Luke, to the world!

He was 6 weeks early, but due to pre-eclampsia was 1lb under weight and measured 4 weeks smaller than average.

He is doing well, on C-PAP only some of the time (he has 4 hours off out of every 12 at the moment).

He's having some tummy trouble so is on and off of his feed (booby milk!) and currently is on 0.5mil per hour.

Finding it hard to leave him at hospital at the end of each day, but we know he's in the best place.

He is simply the most beautiful being I have ever laid eyes on... and I can't believe how much I love him.

I can't wait to hold him!

Pickle
xoxo

just wanted to say congrats on your little Luke!!! he is in the best place hun, and im sure he will grow big and strong!!! xxxx

congrats hun, his in the best place :hug:
I know how hard it is to leave them at the hospital every day, i would love to say it gets easier to leave them but it dosnt untill there home with you.
Keep us updated and i hope he comes home soon xxxx

I give my best wishes to him and you I hope he grows big and strong quickly!! The hospital will keep a good eye on him.

Congrats on the birth of your son! My son was born 11 weeks premature due to pre-eclampisa as well. He also had gut issues makes me wonder if the pre-eclampisa is tied into something like that. Praying for you that your son will be home with you soon!

Congratulations. Am sure he will get bigger and stonger every day (especially with the help of your boobie juice :)) and he will hopefully be home very soon xx

Hi Pickle, Congratulations on your little ones arrival. Evie was 6 weeks early and was IUGR (intra uterine growth restricted), meaning that she was very small for her age, due to placental blood flow, so kind of like pre-eclampsia. Im guessing you didnt get the steriod injections in time if Luke's on Cpap?? Evie was in for 3 weeks in total, and although she's still quite small (not that she looks it in the picture), shes thriving. Im sure he'll be home soon. I know its hard to leave them, I cried every day that I left her, Id like to tell you it gets easier but it didnt for me, what did help though was getting everything ready for her for when she did come home. :hug:

Hey there, congratulations on the birth of Luke. My little Archie was born 13 weeks early and was in hospital for 95 days so I am a kind of expert in that field shall we say. If you need to ask any questions please PM me. I know what your going through and sometimes you need to chat to people that have been in your situation. I agree with the others, your boobie milk is the best thing for him and will help grow him big and strong. I remember when Archie was on 0.5mls of food per hour, it soon goes up and you will find it hard to keep up with his milk demands!

If you want to read how it was for Archie and me whilst he was in hospital, my journal is a click away on my signature.

Think positive and he will be home with you soon xxx

Congratulations. He will be home with you in no time x

Thank you for all of your kind messages!

Our little man Luke continues to do well. He is now on 8ml per hour, no longer on C-PAP and is getting stronger every day.

We have had ups and downs (as you would expect) and mostly we've been coping very well. I have had hard days (Thursday was a toughie) but on the whole, we're remaining positive and bright.

He is so perfect and I love him so very, very much. I was so worried that I wouldn't bond to him after the emergency C-Sec but I just can't believe how lucky I am. As I sit here at 3am unable to sleep, all I can think about is how gorgeous he is and how lucky Mr P and I are.

As for Mr P and I, well, he has been amazing. I seriousl don't know how to repay him. He has been unbelievable. spending every ounce of energy looking after me, running the house, going to see Luke AND working until the early hours. I'm in awe of him. He and Luke are truly my heroes.

anyway, it's late, I'm tired and being soppy and sentimental!

Thanks again for the messages. It's great to know that despite the hard situation we're in, we have others to talk to who have been through the same.

much love and sleepy hugs,
Pickle
x

so happy to hear he is doing so well, he will be home in no time. :hug: to you and mr p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->