hello im new and having baby number2

twinkletoes2

Reaction score
hello
im new here me and my husband have a 9 month old son and im 4 months pregnant with our second baby. im type 1 diabetic so will be having number two early like our son was, he was born at 37 weeks as he became too big. i was aiming to have a natural birth but he became distressed during labour and i had to have an emergency c-section. im going to have an elective c-section this time as im too afraid to go through a natural labour again. last time i was being induced for 4 days and then went into labour had waters broken before having emergency c-section and don't want that to happen again! has anybody been in the same situation as i was wondering if it's different having an elective c-section to an emergency one?
thankyou xx

Welcome and congratultions. My c-section was an emergency one too, I don't know of anyone that had an elective one but I'm sure you'll be just fine x

Hiya

I'm new here too!

I had an emergency section with my 2nd son, I was in labour for 30hrs and in the end it turned out he was presenting brow first instead of crown first, when he was finally evicted he was 9lb 10oz!

When I was pregnant with #3 last year I elected for a section, the emergency one was so traumatic that I couldn't bring myself to risk it happening again. Harry's birth was so different, a little surreal walking into theatre but it was so calm and not nearly as awful as I was expecting (I had no memory of any of the needles from the last time round because I was in horrendous labour at the time!).

The bit I was dreading the most was the spinal going in but in reality it was fine. It was by far the best birth experience of my three (first was natural but over 40hrs and ended up with an episiotomy after 1.5hrs pushing). I wasn't tired out already before the op and my recovery was fantastic, I was even driving again 4wks after.

Hope this is a bit of reassurance for you, feel free to ask any questions or to stay in touch.

Gemma x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"