Hello -- I'm new

day_dreamer

TTC #1 with a donor
Reaction score
Hello -- I'm new!

I'm 26 and my girlfriend is 23. We've been together for 4 years, lived together for 3 and bought our first house 18 months ago.

I've been broody for as long as I can remember, but this past year or so it's become unbearable. My girlfriend started off not so bothered about having children, but is coming around to the idea...if I stop talking about. It's all I think about and I find not talking about it really hard. I totally understand that if I talk about it too much then she feels pressured...but at the same time, talking about it keeps it real for me and reminds me that it will happen, one day.

This probably sounds silly, but just lately I want a baby so much it actually, physically hurts...there's an ache in the middle of my chest that just won't go away. It's got a million times worse as my friend who sits next to me at work found out she was pregnant in April, so she's just about to go on maternity leave. My other friend, who sits the other side of me, his girlfriend is due in March and to top it all off, my bestest friend in the whole world has just found out she's pregnant!!! Don't get me wrong, I am sooo happy for them, but I'm also extremely jealous. So jealous. My best friend keeps saying "oh your time will come" but sometimes I lose hope that it will.

We've agreed to start TTC before the end of 2010, but I really want to bring it forward and start at the beginning of 2010. The main reason for waiting so long, is my girlfriend and her not feeling entirely ready...but I'm hoping we can sort that out. I would love for us to have a baby by Sept/Oct next year, because then I would be on maternity leave with my best friend (she's pretty much my only friend outside work) and that would be awesome. Plus, our child would have lots of little playmates all around the same age, and that's very important to us too.

Still...it's hard to cope with on a daily basis...seeing people's bumps grow and only feeling emptiness inside :(

Wish me luck trying to get her to bring out TTC date forward...how on earth do I do that without pressuring?? :wacko:

I should've added to that that my name is Laura, and I live near Sheffield!

:hi: Hope you get to move your date forward.

Welcome,

I hope you can bring your date forward, its horrible when everyone around you is having babies and you are so ready! i hope all goes well :)

Hi there :wave:

Welcome to WTT, the waiting is hard but we try to keep each other sane :haha:

Hope you manage to convince your OH to bring the date forward, just draw up a list of all the positives that trying a little earlier will have, make it a positive experience.

x

Good luck, and hopefully she will come around.. I understand that feeling of broodiness. Every time I hold a baby, I get that same pain too just wishing it were me. My OH wants one too, but right now isn't a good time. I hope it all works out for the best! :hugs:

hey hun,

Im in the same position. Its hardwork isnt it.. All I can say is that this website has gotten me through the tough times... ive been here for nearly a year now and the ladies have supported me so much...

Perhaps set up a journal like a few of the girls have to rant away into... It helps me until I get too lazy to update it. :S HaHa

Anyway, wellcome to WTT I hope ur time passes quickly.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->