Hello Ladies ... TTC Baby no2 anyone else have a largish age gap?

Rozie_1985

Mummy To Joel
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I am currently hoping and praying to concieve baby no2. My son will be 5 in May and just wondering if anyone else will have a similar age gap if it all goes to plan? We never really were serious on having another, don't know why, I think it was selfishness really, you start to get your life back and the thought of another baby and doing it all again becomes quite scary.... Anyways hoping to meet people in the same situation as me really. Baby dust to all xxxx :thumbup:

Unfortunately I can't give you any advice - my daughter is only 17 months. However, my brother and I were 6 years apart. My mom says that she was grateful for the break between, and that I was able to help take care of him (my dad used to be an over-the-road driver and was gone a lot). We got along pretty well as kids. I did have some jealousy issues his first year or two but we get a long well now (he's 19).

My daughter was 3 last month....have been ttc on and off for a year and didn't really want as bigger age gap.....also was unsure about doing it all over, just getting life back etc etc. however here we are ttc still, I am 42 next month so tbh I don't know if it'll happen for us.....I can console myself in the fact that at least we avoided double nursery bills if and when time comes :winkwink:

Oh course the nursery bills forgot about that part! So many pros and cons for having them this far apart. I guess there is no right and wrong, it just feels right now for us

My son will be 3 in June (don't know if that is a large gap) and we are starting trying for #2 this cycle! :hi:

My DD will be 6 in June and we have been ttc #2 for 3 months now. I'm not too worried about the age gap right now bc I know she'll be a great big sister. It is what it is, we weren't ready for another in the past but we are definitely ready now.

My DD will be 6 in June and we have been ttc #2 for 3 months now. I'm not too worried about the age gap right now bc I know she'll be a great big sister. It is what it is, we weren't ready for another in the past but we are definitely ready now.

That's how we feel, I have just found out that two of my friends with children the same age as my son are expecting their 2nd baby. Must be something in the air! Good luck to you x

That's how we feel, I have just found out that two of my friends with children the same age as my son are expecting their 2nd baby. Must be something in the air! Good luck to you x

Good luck to you as well.

My dd is a little over 3. This is our first cycle trying for #2. Not sure I was ready before now. Looking back I wish I would have been sooner, but am grateful I had all this time with my dd, and think #2, fingers crossed, will have more of me now that dd is older. Life happens, their are pros and cons to any age gap. Be confident in your decision because no one else has to live your life. I look forward to seeing my dd able to understand that a baby is growing inside mama, and to watch her witness how incredible new life is, and of course her helping out!

I could not have said it any better armyofus. I am so happy we had this quality time to spend with our dd rather than trying to balance time with 2 kids so young.

My daughter is 4 in September and we are going to ttc#2 soon. My daughter has always been high needs and I was still recovering from an ulcerative colitis flare from my first pregnancy so we just weren't ready until now. My period did not even come back until last year, so my body was clearly not ready for it! I'm grateful my daughter will be old enough to help I a bit (grab a diaper for me etc) and also old enough for school so I can nap when the baby naps at least a couple days a week! I could never have done the 2 year gap, baby and a toddler would be more an I could handle. I am from a large family, I have a brother 9 years older than me, a sister 6 years older than me, and another brother 2 years older than me. I get along best with my sister 6 years older, and we always played together the mostgrowing up, but I love them all.

I could not have said it any better armyofus. I am so happy we had this quality time to spend with our dd rather than trying to balance time with 2 kids so young.
Without all the internal questions and regret and what ifs, ttcing is already sometimes so discouraging. I wouldn't want to have us ladies have to add to that with regrets and what ifs.

My little man is 4 and a half and I'm trying for #2. Like some moms said o DEFINITELY wasn't ready before this. I was a single mom w my little man and I had a lot of growing up to do to realize how beautiful motherhood really is. I think I was pretty selfish and I had a hard time letting my life come to taking care of someone else 24/7. But not that I see my little man running around as the happiest 4 year old I love everything about it and wouldn't change it for the world. But it's taken me this long to figure that out :)

Can I join? My situation is a little different...

I already have 2 children - a 7yo son and a 5 1/2 yo daughter. They're only 16 months apart. I have another daughter who I lost to SIDS three years ago. So because of losing my youngest, I was waiting to try until recently. Finally in December 2014, my OH and I decided we were ready to try.

This will leave me with a fairly large age gap between my children and my next baby - at least 7 and 6 years.

I'm looking forward to the age gap in some ways and worried about it in others. I'm looking forward to it because when I have another baby, I get to spend a lot of time with them while their siblings are in school, I'll get naps during the day (which will be so helpful with three kids), and my older children will be old enough to be helpful and fully understand what it means to have a little sibling. But I'm worried in a way about doing all the baby and toddler stages all over again after not having gone through that in many years.

Can I join? My situation is a little different...

I already have 2 children - a 7yo son and a 5 1/2 yo daughter. They're only 16 months apart. I have another daughter who I lost to SIDS three years ago. So because of losing my youngest, I was waiting to try until recently. Finally in December 2014, my OH and I decided we were ready to try.

This will leave me with a fairly large age gap between my children and my next baby - at least 7 and 6 years.

I'm looking forward to the age gap in some ways and worried about it in others. I'm looking forward to it because when I have another baby, I get to spend a lot of time with them while their siblings are in school, I'll get naps during the day (which will be so helpful with three kids), and my older children will be old enough to be helpful and fully understand what it means to have a little sibling. But I'm worried in a way about doing all the baby and toddler stages all over again after not having gone through that in many years.

I am terribly sorry for your loss :hugs:.

I agree, it will be nice to take care of another child while my DD is in school. I have the same fear....can I do this again? I know my DD will help and be hands on but I also fear of her becoming jealous. She's been the only child for so long. No matter what, I know we can handle it.

We are in a similar situation. My son will be 7 in May. I was a single mom for with him for 4 years, and when my husband came in the picture, I was not ready to have another baby. I wanted to be able to enjoy time with our "new little family" before completing it, if that makes any sense. And i do think in our situation, the age gap works out, because my son will be able to understand better, what it means to have a new baby.
I wish you all the best and hope you get your :bfp: soon!!!

My son will be 5 in November and we are TTC now. We didn't like the age gap, but for us, it was the only way we could do it that made financial sense. His daycare alone is about 750 a month. When he is 5, he'll be in school and that will lessen the daycare expenses for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->