Hello Little Marshall! June 15th :)

AnnieRa

Reaction score
I was totally convinced I was going to go 2 weeks over.. drummed it into my head so it caught my off guard!

On June 13th (Marshalls due date) - I was getting very restless, tired and just wanted him to arrive! So popped over to mothers, who suggested we go swimming. Figured it couldn't hurt, and we only did an hour swimming that night. I felt great afterwards, came home had a lovely cuppa and fell into the most amazing sleep.

At 5.22am, I woke up with stomache/period pain.. I gave the OH a nudge, and we got up and had a cuppa together. It wasn't unbearable so I just pottered around the house for 3 hours and told the OH to go to bed.

At 9am, the pains started to worry me. They felt like BH, - very irregular and wasn't agony as such. Just a bit uncomfortable. OH took me down to the clinic to chat to the MW at 9.30. She gave me a feel, smiled and said I was in the early stages of labour!! She also said, it could take 1-4 days ish.. so just be prepared but don't get my hopes up just yet.

After that, we popped home and made sure the hospital bag was packed and the flat was tidy. By around 1pm, the flat was looking lovely unfortunatly I wasn't! The pains were coming every 10 minutes, and lasting 20-30 seconds.

Knowing it was still too early to go the hospital, we went to Asda. Got some nibbles for the hospital and had a nice walk around. Felt better than being stuck on my butt.

Gave mother a ring at about 2pm, and let her know what was going on. By this time the contractions were getting closer.. so we chucked the bags in the car and went to her place. She told me to try and hold on as long as I could. So I waited until they were 5 minutes apart - and making me cry!

Got to the hospital at 10.30pm that night - and only 3cm dialated! Gutted. The MW even asked if we wanted to go home.. not likely 45 minute drive. We stayed, and were put in a lovely private room.

Wasn't too long before I asked for Gas and air (which was bloody horrible) made me feel very sick. MW checked me again at 2am (I think..) and I was then 7cm.. so they took me upstairs to the delivery suite.

They gave me Pethadin after lots of asking .. and the releif was amazing! Almost fell asleep.. Until the pushing pains started at 4.30am.. Half an hour later Marshall made his appearance at 5.02am. - 8lb 3oz (Lots and lots of stiches!!)

It was the most amazing, magical and unreal experience. I couldn't have done it without my lovely OH - Who was fantastic the whole way through. Mum and my sister were there too, just as amazing. Steve held me from start to finish, and kept telling me how proud he was of me. If it wasn't for him, it wouldn't have been such a lovely experience... Pain is only part of it, and the outcome... Well well worth it :) xx

congrats on little Marshall - a lovely name too. Well done!

Thanks guys! Missing the forum, haven't had a chance to get online. Hope you're all doing okay. Hugs and stuffs! xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->