Hello, newbie on the board..............

Juniperjan

Expecting no.2!
Reaction score
Hi All, I've been lurking for a week now and have finally plucked up the courage to introduce myself:flower::flower: DH and I have just been trying for 8 months but nothing has been happening. I know this isn't a long time to be trying but at my age (37) I just feel that we don't have any time to lose.

I had a 21 day test done 2 weeks ago and found out yesterday that there were no signs of ovulation. Cue lots of crying and feeling pretty gutted. This is just the start so I don't know how I am going to cope with taking it further :(AF has just arrived but seems a bit weird so I'm just feeling a bit down at the moment.

Sorry to be so miserable on my first post!

Nice to meet you all

Hi JJ, welcome and sorry to hear your news :hugs: have they told you what your next steps might be?

Hi Elski, thanks for your reply. I am supposed to get the test done on day 1-5 of my cycle but as I don't feel I'm having a proper period, I am not sure whether this will read accurately. DH is having his sperm tested as well at the end of March. I guess we just have to see what happens and take it from there. I'm terrible for thinking the worst though, always have been!

Get your CD1-5 done on day 2 or 3 for most accurate results if possible. Go even if your af is scant. Get your CD21 test done again as it can vary from month to month.
Also did you go on CD21 or 7DPO? as it is meant to be done 7days before AF. If you have shorter or longer cycles the results wouldn't have been accurate.
Also you could still have a messed up cycle from the pill (if you were on it?), sometimes it takes time for things to kick start again. 8 months can seem like a long time and I know you are worried about your age but up to 18months is the normal amount of time that it takes for 90% of couples to get pg naturally. (I'm not one of them at 39!)

Thanks Tansey, I guess I've written myself off before I've even started:thumbup:

The not knowing, and things being out of your control is really frustrating! I'm like you, I'm totally 'worst case scenario' :winkwink:

How long are your cycles? Like Tansey says, if your cycles are irregular it can be difficult to pinpoint specific times but day 2/3 of AF is the ideal time for the day 1-5 test and 7DPO is the ideal time for the day 21 test so it could just be that your test was done on the wrong day due to cycle irregularities. Testing on day 21 of someone with 36 day cycles for example would be useless...

Hey JJ, just wanted to say keep your chin up and don't despair ... I am also a total worrier so I know it's easier said than done. I've been trying for 5 months, still nada, so going to doc's this week to kick start the whole fertility testing thing. It's crazy isn't it..I thought the second I stopped using contraception I'd get preggo ... if only!

:)x

Thanks for all your responses. I don't feel so alone now! I have just been to docs for the FSH test so I'll get the results probably Thursday. At least I'll have a better idea then. My arm hurts like hell now!! I normally don't mind getting blood tests taken but today it wasn't much fun! :growlmad:

Speak soon ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->