Hello, pleased to meet you all...and Washable Nappies

twists183

Mother of 1 little boy
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm dipping my toe in a day early (although I'm 27 weeks tomorrow, which by everything other than baby and bump is still 2nd trimester, how strange?).

Just thought I'd say hi, hopefully if you've met me before I didn't offend you or anything, it's great to finally be here!

I do have a question for all you 'already mums'...has anyone used non-disposable nappies before and which system did you choose? and if you have the time to say, why did you pick that system? Were you happy with your decision?

I'm looking to invest shortly, while I've got time to mull over and wandered what everyone else picked.

Oh...and for those reading this looking for a little offer. 10% off Mothercare until midnight tomorrow, type code RS9 at checkout. Get those orders in ladies and take advantage :)

Glad you asked this!!

I've been doing loads of research,and decided to go for BumGenius (Just bought 5 to start with) I may try some blueberriesbut only if cash allows!!!

Ive just started out using them with a 4 month old.
I chose a nto so well known brand from Ebay called Naughty Baby, it was the price that got me to try them and a few girls said they worked well.
I paid £53 for 12 nappies and ive found them to work pretty good, theyre birth to potty nappies aswell.

Glad you asked this!!

I've been doing loads of research,and decided to go for BumGenius (Just bought 5 to start with) I may try some blueberriesbut only if cash allows!!!

Can I ask if you've anywhere you'd recommend for good advice/research on the topic?

We do have a natrual parenting section where you'll get more information from :)

Hi, I'm not supposed to be on here either, just having a sneaky peek!

We're going to try washables and have just arranged to buy our first batch on Gumtree. We did quite a bit of research (husband recommends looking at results of Mother and Baby awards, on google, or just google for reviews and you find lots of info), Bumgenius got a very good write up but in the end we decided to go for Flexi tots, by Tots Bots. They are a two part system which we had read might be a bit more reliable than an all in one. Also one of my friends has been using them since birth and says they are really good. We were lucky enough to find an unused starter pack on Gumtree, although I wouldn't have minded using second hand as long as they looked clean.

I'm a bit nervous about them, we told a friend who has a ten month old last night and he was very negative but we're definately going to give it a try :)

I've gone for the Mothercare Smart Nappies as my basic everyday nappies (I love that you can buy disposable inserts for them for if you're going out etc and they seem to get very good reviews in the natural parenting section). I've also bought quite a few other kinds to try... mostly based on how pretty they are! The Smart Nappies are boring white, which is ok for under clothes but I wanted some to show off too. I recommend finding out if your local council have an incentive scheme at all. It normally says on their website somewhere. My council subsidises a scheme where you get a selection of nappies worth £70 for £25 (or £8 if on benefits), which I think is great.

I'd also really recommend visiting the natural parenting section on here and asking the ladies there. They're all cloth nappy obsessed (in a good way) and can offer loads of advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->