hello: should I give up caffine?

praying&ttc

Reaction score
Dear all,

am very happy to find this forum. Most of my friends are single so don't really understand ttc.

I've been trying to ttc for 6 months and am hoping it will happen soon. I've never taken any notice of my cycle and dates before so am just getting my head round the right time to try!

Do people think it helps to give up caffine? I love my morning lattes but don't want it to stop me from becoming :bfp:

I into day 16 of my cycle and hoping for a good result this month!

Hello & welcome from a fellow newb .
If you are having 1 cuppa a day i really can't see that doing any harm going off the info you can find online but i dont know much about that really.
I personally believe if you dont worry yourself about becoming pregnant & you just let things happen naturally it will happen when the time is right & when you probably least expect it giving you a bigger surprise. Me & the OH agreed we'd have a baby & i wouldn't take the pill but that was it, We would see how things went & let things happen naturally i dont think either of us expected it to happen within 4wks though haha.

Good luck with getting your bfp hun , look forward to chatting soon xx

Welcome :hi: it says to have no more than 200mg of caffeine a day whilst pregnant so maybe you could follow that? I don't think it would make any difference either way to be honest.

Here's a small list of caffeine amounts:

• 1 mug of instant coffee = 100mg
• 1 cup of instant coffee = 75mg
• 1 cup of brewed coffee = 100mg
• 1 cup of tea = 50mg
• 1 can of cola = 40mg
• 1 can of "energy" drink = 80mg
• 1 x 50g bar of plain chocolate = up to 50mg
• 1 x 50g bar of milk chocolate = up to 25mg

:hi: Welcome to Baby and Bump! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online