Hello

Stu

Reaction score
My name is Stu from nw England . After 4 years of problems and failed iui attempts my wife finally got a positive home pregnancy test yesterday . It looks like she is just over 5 weeks pregnant. Going to the doctors tomorrow to get it checked out . The reason i have come onto this forum is because i am really nervous about anything that could go wrong and was hoping some of you experienced people could perhaps calm me down a little . I am a worrier by nature .

congrats to mr and mrs stu :) I'm sure you'll be fine x

:hi: and welcome

Its nice to see a man worrying for a change :)

We have lots of women on here who have gone on to have sucessful pregnancies after assisted conception

Yay Stu Congratulations to you both on your BFP hunny (big fat positive). I bet you are so excited but the worry is also understandable for anyone especially with a 1st when you are unsure what to expect.
Firstly don't expect to much from the docs, They usually just confirm the preg then book you with a midwife who does all the info.
Best thing to do is to try not to worry about things that could go wrong etc & concentrate on the good bits, If anything happens then you deal with that at that time. Help your partner rest when she needs it, Don't treat her like she is disabled as this does wind us women up, be a little more sensitive if she feels tired & ill that's all for now i guess really until she starts to get a proper bump.
Worrying is only natural, If there is anything in particular you are worried about just ask on here everyone is great, There is even a dads bit if you want to talk to them too.

Congrats again & wishing you all the best with your new addition to be xxx

:hi: many many congratulations to you and your wife. i no what a worrying time it can be for you, so wishing you both a wonderful 9months, as i'm sure it will be :D

Congrats......and I'm sure everything will be fine....:hugs:

Congratulations and Welcome to the Forum! xxx

Thanks all :happydance:
Just to point out , the pregnancy is a natural one , not assisted conception , we were 1 month from having ivf .
And yes im the worrier of the relationship , my wife is much more composed than me lol .

hey stu :) congrats on your :bfp: - hope you find this site reassuring and you are able to enjoy the pregnancy - it's an exciting time for you and your wife. Lots of luck for a happy and healthy pregnancy - look forward to seeing how you get on xx

Thanks bunnyg82 , its quite reasurring to share this news with people that understand , i dont plan on telling anyone in person until 12 weeks

You was right about not expecting much from the doctor , we went today and he just booked us in to see the midwife . He didnt even do a test to confirm it he said the peepee test is good enough . Also when do you usually go for your first midwife appointment ? We have to wait another 4 weeks which will be 10 weeks before anyone sees us .

Hiya stu,
The docs sometimes don't help or seem as enthusiastic as us but they deal with it day in & day out i guess, I think if people go in not expecting much from the doc then they are not left disappointed afterwards, The midwife appointments are when it might start to feel more real.

It varies depending on where you are & the way that doctors works . Ideally you should see a midwife sometime around 8-10wks ish , I was just 9wks when i saw my midwife for the 1st time.
Then your 1st scan should be somewhere around 12-14wks.

HTH xx

Thanks moo , yeah he wasnt very enthusiastic to be honest . By the looks of it im near you aswell :)

:hi: Welcome to Baby and Bump!

Wishing your OH a very healthy and happy pregnancy, that you also get to enjoy ;) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->