Hello

teal

Reaction score
Hello :flower:

I've been in and out of this forum quite a bit but I've not posted until now.

I'm not a single parent yet but I'm going to be. My ex boyfriend ended things when I refused to have a termination. I never thought I would be saying that at 25!!

I was really scared at first about how I would cope on my own but I'm starting to feel more positive about it. Don't get me wrong it's still a worry but I do have support from my family and friends.

My ex isn't going to involved at all. He even said that he was going to quit his job so I couldn't receive any money from him.. very mature. I don't even care about his money. I've not spoken to him since the middle of June. I've received the odd text message from him telling me his life is over and he'll never be happy again etc. I eventually replied and told him if he didn't want to be involved then he had to stop contacting me. I've not heard anything from him since the beginning of August now.

Anyway I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I do apologise for a long-ish first post xx

Hiya, just wanted to say welcome, and good luck!! Am a single mum of 1 gorgeous boy who's 3, and wouldn't change it for the world. :flower:

Welcome over hun, it's his loss when he misses out on the baby :hugs:

Thank you for the welcome :hugs: x

Hi hun, I just wanted to say how strong I think you are for deciding to have your baby after your ex wanted you to have a termination. You should be really proud of yourself, xxx :hugs:

Hi hun, I just wanted to say how strong I think you are for deciding to have your baby after your ex wanted you to have a termination. You should be really proud of yourself, xxx :hugs:

Thank you for this :hugs:

Hello :hugs:

Your situation sounds pretty similar to me - and we're about the same age (I'm 25 this month!)

I felt like you when me and my ex split up when I was about 13 weeks pregnant, I was really wary about how things would work out and just plain scared. But now I'm feeling so positive about it all...just think you get to make ALL the decisions :)

To be honest, you sound like you're better off without him. Saying he'd quit his job so you can't claim money off him....WTF?! What a bloody idiot.

Its his loss, and it'll be one huge huge loss. He'll realise it one day, when he gets to 40 and he's lonely...thats when you get the last laugh :)

I sound cruel but men made me this way!!!!!!!! xxx

Thanks for that Suzanne. :hugs:

I think you're right about getting the last laugh.

I think I feel more positive all the time about it. Sometimes I do get scared but the positives do outweigh the scary stuff. xx

Teal, you will definitely feel stronger as time goes on :) :hugs:

Its scary, I'm still a little scared but I reckon I'd be scared about becoming a mummy even if we were still together!!

xxx

im so glad theres a section for us who have broken free from the plonkers!
when my husband ended things i was 7 weeks pregnant and i thought how in gods name am i going to cope, but i know that deep down once baby comes along it will be the making of me. and rob the making of all u too.
The men will miss out on all those special moments that they can never get back. What goes around comes around. and when they all fall flat on their face we will def get the last laugh.
Well done teal for being so positive. U`ll be a fab we mummy x

Oh west of glasgow.. im East!!

the 'boys' who have treated us like this are the ones who are missing out, we are gaining the moset special little thing in the world. I was threatened to have an abortion by the FOB.. he was sarcastic and scary and rude, didnt understand it was my body, he thought i could just go into the doctor surgery and open my legs and '' it would be dealt with '' ... never once thougth about the mental implications of it. Insensitive prick.

WE are ALL great! and v strong women.

we should make a little logo for our signatures, Team ' something ' .. :D

Oooohhh yeah I agree!!

Team Single Mummy and Proud :)

Any other suggestions?? xx

oh i love u all!!!
Ur totally right! i am proud that im gonna be a single mummy. and when my wee baby takes it first step, its first word, comes home with its first school report and does all those fabulous things i`ll know its because i did the best i could and made my child the perfect wee character that it will be.

THUMBS UP FOR SINGLE MUMS!!:thumbup:

Teal you dont need a man like that around you and the baby. so in my eyes its best he done it now rather then later. I split with my ex not long after P was born the heartache i felt was unreal, and because of that i felt i was'nt a good enough mum to P if all i was doing was crying my eyes out all the time... i was a single parent for a good 3 years.. and in that time.. i become such a stronger person.. as long as i had my lil princess i new id be ok.. she is the one that got me thru them tough times! him on the other hand has never pad a penny but not surprizing when he now has 3 more kids.

I am finally happy and found the man of my dreams, who loves my daughter as if it were his own.. who loves me for me... and now we are havin a baby together :)..i believe everyones time will come and they will have an happy ending too, your ex on the other hand will just be known as a immature idiot who cant take responsibility for his actions

being a single parent. there will be tough times along with the good... but at the end of the day a child needs love and to be cared for... and having one parents love is better then having none at all

stay strong

xx

Thank you :) There is so much support on here! Also can't believe there are so many of us in similar situations. I also agree that the logo is a good idea - we should all be proud!

Even though my ex made his wishes clear - after trying to push the termination and all the horrible things he said about me and the baby (one thing was saying it's not fair what I'm doing to him by having the baby) I'm worried he is going to reappear a few months after I have the baby. From what he's said I don't think he will but the thought is still there. Trying not to think about it too much and just say I'll deal with it if the time comes.

Beauty - I was trying to see it as better it's happened now rather than later. I've already pretty much comes to terms with the fact that I'm going to be a single mother. I can only imagine how much more difficult it would be trying to accept that when there is a new baby aswell.

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->