Hello!!!

kksquared

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm so excited to be here. I am 4.5 weeks pregnant with #1. We are very excited. EDD is around Dec. 21! No morning sickness yet just sore boonies, bloating and occasional dizziness. I hope everyone is doing well!

Hii Congrats, I am 5 weeks on Sunday and from LMP due on 20th December.
I have known for 10 days and it feels longer :)

Congratulations! :happydance:

I'm also expecting my first on 21st Dec :thumbup: Had my first scan yesterday and saw my little 'blob' :baby:

That was very soon welshlass.
I've another couple of months before I'm due my first scan, feels forever. still another 2-3 weeks before i even get to see a midwife who will then send away for my scan date.

That was very soon welshlass.
I've another couple of months before I'm due my first scan, feels forever. still another 2-3 weeks before i even get to see a midwife who will then send away for my scan date.

I can't fault my midwife, and I've not even met her yet! I mentioned when she rang that I had an uncomfortable, stabbing pain (which thankfully has since gone) and she offered me an early scan straight away - I was in within the week. She also wanted to check on dates via the scan too.

Got another one next week. I'm a natural born worrier so don't think I'd be able to hold out for a 12 week scan! :wacko:

Not got my first official midwife appointment until next month.

Ah right what is your next scan for?

I'm not sure when my first appoitment will be, i was told she would called next week so probs a 2-3 weeks after that and my scan will be booked then too. wish it would speed up a little. is this your first child?

Yes, my first :D

I'm not sure what the next scan is for really, she just told me to come back for another scan and I wasn't going to complain! :D I think she just wants to make sure everything is progressing as it should. Presume that'll be my last scan before the 'proper' 12 week one. Also had bloods yesterday and again tomorrow to check hcg levels.

I think the first midwife appointment is usually around the 8 week mark.

(Sorry if we've hijacked your thread kksquared :flower:)

Yeah My midwife told me i would been seen around 7-8week
this is my forth.

Do they think there is anything to worry about with scans and blood tests to check your hcg?

Well the sharp pain was the initial concern and I think the rest is just 'belt and braces' since I'm under the care of the EPU now. The lady that scanned me said she wasn't worried after seeing my scan yesterday but just 'wanted to check everything out' and keep monitoring me. I'm certainly a lot more at ease now.

Oh wow, have you told your other children yet?

Yeah sharp pains are generally normal in pregnancy.
Yeah i told them as i was really ill with my youngest so if i was ill again wanted them to know why and be able to help out if possible, plus didn't want them to jump on me ect. they are really exited xx

Aw that's so lovely. I bet they're thrilled.

Will you be finding out the sex? I can't wait to find out! I think I'm wishing away my pregnancy :laugh2:

They are super exited, Yes i will find out the sex :D
what do you think you maybe having/hope for?

I've no idea, I wouldn't know where to begin to think about guessing. Since I was little, I've always wanted a boy for some reason but now that the reality is here I'm the cliche 'so long as he/she's happy and healthy I'd be happy with either' :D

I already have my names picked out for either sex :haha:

Oh really? What are the names? My husband and I take so long to choose names as often have different tastes lol.

Well I'm doing this on my own :blush: I guess the plus point is I get to make the decisions...

I've sort of had name options in my head since I was young but once I found out I was pregnant they just sort of came to me and fit together.

Girl - Lily May
Boy - Oscar Tomos

I have absolutely no patience and love to make plans etc so I can see this being a very 'organised' pregnancy :laugh2:

Sorry to hear your doing it alone.

lily is lovely my niece is lily.

I love seeing other people due around the same time as me! I have my first OB appointment on May 13th. Not sure if they'll do am ultrasound or not at that time. I can't wait to hear the babies heartbeat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->