Hello

emilyp83

Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking on here for a bit and decided I should probably introduce myself now I have 5 minutes to sit down.

My gorgeous little boy Louie was born at on 7th Dec at 34 weeks due to pre-term labour and my placenta coming away. He was 5lb 4 at birth and is now 4lb 15. He seems to be doing really well but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much because I've heard that things can go backwards. They tell me not to expect him home until his due date but is that just what they tell everyone? Is there a chance of having him home before?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone, take care xxx

Congratulations on your little boy.

Yes most hospitals tell you to aim for their due date and anything above that is a bonus. If your lo is not needing any breathing assistance and only needs to establish feeding then it's very likely he will be home before then.

Xx

Congratulations on the birth of Louie!

Chloe was born at 34+6. We were told not to have her home until her due date but we had a very smooth time in SCBU and she came home after 8 days! There were a few babies born at around the same gestation when were were there and they were there from 1-4 weeks.

Every baby is so different though and it depends how Louie does with his feedss/jaundice levels etc.

I hope you get to bring your little boy home soon and can enjoy a lovely Christmas together xx

Hello and congratulations on the birth of your little man.

They do usually aim for the due date but as 25 weeker said, if it's just the feeding he needs to establish then he may well be home sonner.

Sophie was born at 27 weeks weighing just 1lb 13oz, and she ended up coming home 6 days before her due date.

I hope Louie does well and is home where he belongs very soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->