Hello

SunUp

Mom
Reaction score
This is my first post in this area...
Wasn't sure if I belonged over here yet but its getting hard being in TTC so I guess that means its time to make the switch.

I have been TTC officially for a year and NTNP for about 6 months before that.:cry:

We are 'secret' TTCers, which is getting hard because everyone keeps asking about when we are going to have a kid. If they only knew!

Never had a second line on a HPT.:shrug:

But I am optimistic because I JUST made my FIRST appointment to meet with a doctor about infertility. I am actually really excited because I just want some answers!:happydance:

Would love some advice about what to expect at this appointment.

Hi there. Its really awful having to go through this. Be prepared for a lot of tests. I just had a lap which showed endo, even though i only had a couple of the symptoms. I've never had a BFP either xx

Hey, welcome to the group. We were secret TTC's for a year...well almost secret, I told my close friends but no family, as I didn't want the "are you prego yet" questions. When it was time for my lap and dye then we told the parents, but told them not to tell anyone. I know they told people but at least they told them not to say anything to us. Since we had to move in with my in-laws to be able to afford fertility treatments, now everyone knows that we have been trying for a while and that I'm on fertility meds.

I started seeing a FS after 6 months TTC, since in my family it was unheard of to not get preggers right away. At that point I had all the blood tests taken over the next month and my hubby's SA was done. All that checked out fine and I had an HSG (an xray with dye to check anatomy and if tubes are open). Then I was told to try for 6 more months since everything checked out fine (since you've already been trying for 1 yr then I would hope they wouldn't tell you the same). At 1 yr TTC I went back and we decided on a lap and dye. They found mild endometriosis and removed it, and they released a slightly adhered tube. Then I was told to try for 6 more months. We actually waited 8-9 more months (for $ reasons) and changed doctors and now I'm on my second cycle of clomid. My advice is to always speak up and push for what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->