Hello

Monelli

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to come to a site for some friendly words as feeling like many of you :cry: after 6 months of ttc. I'm almost 37 now and I know that 6 months isn't long in the grand scheme of things but it's really getting me down. I feel selfish as I already have two wonderful kids aged 7 and 5 but each month I get more and more down when the dreaded day arrives and no pregnancy. Bit of background, my ex husband and I had the two children together and it was so easy (1 month of ttc!) but now I am with a different partner and so completely in love and want nothing more than to share the joy of having a child with him. He is in his late thirties and also has children with his ex partner. He is so supportive and loving and says everything right but I just don't want to burden him with my tears each time now as he is under a lot of stress. My main worry is that after coming off BC my cycles were 28 days, then dropped to 26, then 25 and now its day 24 and I have started bleeding again slightly. Why can't it be as easy as before. What can I do to lengthen my cycles? It didn't help that cycle before last I tested early and got a positive but then still came on, perhaps a chemical pregnancy? Anyway, I know nobody can really help but I thought it might cheer me up having some virtual friends to chat to, who understand the frustration each month.

Hi, just wanted to come to a site for some friendly words as feeling like many of you :cry: after 6 months of ttc. I'm almost 37 now and I know that 6 months isn't long in the grand scheme of things but it's really getting me down. I feel selfish as I already have two wonderful kids aged 7 and 5 but each month I get more and more down when the dreaded day arrives and no pregnancy. Bit of background, my ex husband and I had the two children together and it was so easy (1 month of ttc!) but now I am with a different partner and so completely in love and want nothing more than to share the joy of having a child with him. He is in his late thirties and also has children with his ex partner. He is so supportive and loving and says everything right but I just don't want to burden him with my tears each time now as he is under a lot of stress. My main worry is that after coming off BC my cycles were 28 days, then dropped to 26, then 25 and now its day 24 and I have started bleeding again slightly. Why can't it be as easy as before. What can I do to lengthen my cycles? It didn't help that cycle before last I tested early and got a positive but then still came on, perhaps a chemical pregnancy? Anyway, I know nobody can really help but I thought it might cheer me up having some virtual friends to chat to, who understand the frustration each month.
hello and welcome, you might want to get an appt with your OBGYN and have her run a FSH test which will tell you your fertiliy/egg reserves. I suggest you do this soon because of your age, not that you are old by any means but the younger you are the easier to have a baby.

Hi and thank you for your reply.I did one of those home tests which came out that all was fine but not sure how reliable they are. I am hoping to see gp next week though I hope she doesn't just tell me to go away and come back in six months! I think she might laugh though as one of my questions is can you have sex too often lol. I'd read that you should try every other day but wondering if everyday is too much (we are very lucky to enjoy each others company lets say).

If and FSH comes back as I do have a problem what then?

thanks again.

Hi and thank you for your reply.I did one of those home tests which came out that all was fine but not sure how reliable they are. I am hoping to see gp next week though I hope she doesn't just tell me to go away and come back in six months! I think she might laugh though as one of my questions is can you have sex too often lol. I'd read that you should try every other day but wondering if everyday is too much (we are very lucky to enjoy each others company lets say).

If and FSH comes back as I do have a problem what then?

thanks again.

She can determine at that time what course of action to proceed. You might just need clomid or hsg to clear tubes.

If your GP is testing FSH get her to test your AMH too (which is supposed to be a more reliable test of ovarian reserve; ask to have both of them tested).

Good luck!

...and you may want to indicate that you've been trying for longer than six months, just in case they have silly rules about how long you should wait. I've read that certain regions have different protocols which is really frustrating when you feel time is rinning out :thumbup:

Hi, thanks for replying, unfortunately they know when I started TTC as I had to stop taking medication that I was on to do so. I'm feeling a bit better today, I think it is just so unfair that the time you feel the worst from pmt etc is also the day you find out no pregnancy! Like a double whammy eh. So, fingers crossed for this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->