Help! 2 month old pooping more than 12 times a day.

HappyWay

Reaction score
Hello,

My LO is pooping many times a day since a week, ALWAYS while breastfeeding (Dr said this was common) and other times too adding up to 12 times a day! His poop also turned green (was yellow earlier)

No signs of infection or dehydration, so that is a relief, but what can i eat to help him get better?

It is very common for them to poop a lot in the early weeks, especially during or just after a feed.

Green poop isn't necessarily anything to worry about, as it has been yellow in the past but it depends how long it has been green for etc. Is it always green and has been every poop for weeks on end, or is it green for a week then back to browny orange, then back to green.

Causes of green poop are numerous and many are normal. It can be catching a virus (when my LO was a few months old she seemed to get green poop every other week from just getting sniffles etc.). It can be allergies (although serious allergies would often cause mucus and blood and foamy green poop). Many babies with Cows Milk allergy have green poop BUT many (even most) babies with green poop do not have cows milk allergy. Green poop can be caused by anything that shortens or interrupts feeds (do you rush to change LO when he poops, or is he unable to keep feeding with a full nappy and once he's clean you don't go back to feeding). It can be leaving too long between feeds. It can be pumping/expressing milk messing with supply. So many things. Without knowing more about your feeds, your babies behaviour and growth it is really hard to tell. Sometimes you might never find out why, and it's just how baby is for a while.

I would second trying to find some breastfeeding support or information from an established organisation like LLL. Talk to them about what a day in the life of you and your baby is like and have them watch you feed if you can and see a nappy.

@noon_child Thank you for the detailed explanation!
I will have the doctor start looking for any allergies and before that i will experiment with the food i eat to see if anything helps/makes it worse.

I am also looking at LLL website for more information on this.

I would definitely recommend LLL.

Baby might be getting too much foremilk if the poop is green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->