Help! 2 month old starting daycare and I can't stop crying :(

RDH

Cautiously Expecting #1
Reaction score
I am sitting here bawling my eyes out just thinking about my precious LO in daycare next week. I live in the US and get no paid maternity leave. Two months is what we could afford for me to take, so I have no choice. Unfortunately, I have no family that doesn't work, so daycare is our only option. I have no idea how I will be able to get through this and still function at work... Help!

it will be hard but u will suppress yourself at how strong u can be. Just keep thinking those hours at work are paying for nappies and clothes for your bubba. Please don't feels bad you are doing it coz u need to. And bubba won't mind they adjust fairly well. My baby now reaches out for his regular minder and has smiled at her a couple of times.

Aw hun. It's hard saying goodbye to them and leaving them. I couldn't stop crying when my daughter went to daycare the first time. I was counting the minutes on the clock until I could pick her up again. But when I see her now, with all her little friends there and how excited she is when she gets home about what they did,I know that it's ok. She absolutely loves it there and did from day 1. Can't help almost starting to cry when I think about leaving my little boy there in January though!

I know how you feel... my son started daycare at 8 weeks when I had to go back to work and I felt terrible. However, on the bright side, he's now 10 months and he's made friends with other children and he's always happily playing when I get there. He's also been very good with people and separation anxiety has been at a minimum, so I think there are definitely some benefits to going to daycare. I know it's hard, but just remember you are doing the best you can for your baby, and no matter what you will still be his mommy and he will always be happy to see you when you pick him up.

Thanks girls, I really appreciate the encouragement. It's nice to hear about other moms having gone through the same thing and everything turning out ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->