Help!!! 6 day old baby boy still can't agree on a name!!

freddie

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Our first son is called Henry... DH and I have each made suggestions for a name for DS2, now 6 days old but we absolutely cannot agree!! It is starting to stress me out:(

My favourite name is Ellis. I've also thought about Rory, Laurie, Theo, Rohan... DH hates them all.

His suggestions are all traditional names which is fine but they're all too common for me - things like William, Thomas... He also likes Arthur which I don't hate but just doesn't feel like the right name...Aaaaa help! I want to LOVE a name that he won't hate!!!

Less popular - but not too out there??

Henry and...

Oscar
Hugo
Tom
Max
Milo

Good luck xx

Im sure you will find one you both love!

Suggestions:

Henry and...

Miles
Felix
Finn
Jasper
Jude
Leo
Ralph

Maybe another E name? Eli, Elijah, Elliott, Edward, Eric, Evan, Eamon.

Does little one have any nicknames you could make a name from? Then you can have a nice story for how you thought of his name. First letter, rhyming etc.

Since you already have a Henry, how about another royal name?

-Louis
-George
-Albert nn Albie
-Edward nn Eddie
-Richard
-Alfred nn Alfie

James is my fave boy nane and i think it sounds lovely with Henry

I'm a bit biased as I have a William and an Arthur ;) my friend has a Henry and his little brother is Thomas. All fairly common but strong names :) What about Charles or George? X

Henry & Charlie
Henry & Sam
Henry & Leo
Henry & Arlo
Henry & Oliver (Ollie)

Henry is such as strong traditional name, if it were me I would try and stick to that "theme" so to say.

I don't really like the names you picked, please don't take me up as rude, i just don't.

I do love the name Henry. I think William, George or Charles would be very royal family copy cat ones but something along those lines.

I think the pp suggestion of James is lovely, still along the strong, english even royal lines but not to matchy matchy. Joseph is also good.

Don't forget to see what the initals are like, friend of mines initals is S.T.D!! Also make sure you like the shortened version, no matter what you do once they get into the playground it will be shortened some how! James, Jamie, Jimmy, Jim etc.. and Joseph, Joey, Joe.

Hope you find your name soon! x

My brother didn't have a name until he was a week old, so you are not the only ones lol.

I like the name Theo, think it goes well with Henry. Also Oscar, Louis, Joseph, Steven, etc.

Is it possible to put a pic of him? Maybe he will look like a certain name?

Henry and Arthur sounds great together!

Ellis is a totally different type of name to Henry - one is strong and traditional and one is more modern and 'made-up' - this may not bother you at all!

Others that I think match are

George
James
Joseph
Seth
Sebastian
Oliver
Ralph

Hope you manage to find one that fits! Don't rush it, you have 4 weeks or something :)

Thanks so much for your replies ladies! I do think that Henry and Arthur sound good together and the more I think about it the more I like it... I think it may be the way to go as it's DH favourite name and the only one of his ideas that I like!

Do you think it'd get shortened to anything or so you think people will call him Arthur? Also the main thing I was worried about with the name Arthur is people pronouncing the 'th' in the middle as an 'f' - is this a silly thing to worry about lol?!

It would possibly get shortened to Art or Artie??

Know what you mean about the 'Arfur' thing, it's for that reason that I was put off the name Bethany 'Befany'. X

Ps: I do love the name though, if we have a son his middle name will be Arthur

My Arthur is known as "art" or "artie" or Arthur, never had the Arfur thing but he's only just turning 2. The name has grown on me since he was born and he so suits it. I think it fits a cheeky personality! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->