Help a lady out, I need honest opinions :)

Misscalais

Reaction score
Hi girls,
So I'm having a REALLY tough time choosing this little boys name. We had so much trouble with DS2 and this time it's just that extra bit harder.
I was looking up names last night and I came across Boston, I love it! I'm Aussie so I have no connection to the place etc i just think its a really lovely name.
So what do y'all think, tacky or good.
I'm thinking Boston Samuel Warren ( warren is my pops name who I was very close with growing up so warren will be in the name regardless )
Samuel isn't set in stone though but I'd like a biblical name so suggestions needed PLEASE! ( can't have Seth, Eli, John, Luke, Noah, or Paul as they have already been used )
Please help me out girls I want this babies name picked.

Boston is super cute! I haven't heard that before but I love it.

The only other biblical name I can think of is Joseph. But I like Samuel!

I really like Boston! I'm Aussie as well and I've never heard of a Boston so very unique as well :)

I stay away from names of place, flowers countries etc. I grew up being made fun of and Hubby had the same experience due to our names. We are very careful with names we choose for our LO's. I remember meeting a lady with a unique name, in my language the girls name meant fart but she liked the way it sounded and it meant something else in a different language.

Thanks girls! I don't know any either so that's another reason why I like it.
SRTbaby, that's understandable. People are just mean aren't they. I don't understand what they get out of teasing someone about their name it's ridiculous.
The other names I like are Braxton which is also a town and a surname and Jett which is obviously an aircraft. It's sad that we have to choose our kids names so carefully incase of bullies :( my middle name is Rose never had an issue with that and the girls name we had picked was Scarlett-Rose so a colour and a flower lol it's just too hard.
I don't like overly common names though and hated having 3 other girls with the same name in class with me at school.

I think Boston is cute, its different without being weird if that makes sense!

If we have a girl we're naming her Georgia, another American place, but we're from Australia too so I'm not too fussed about that.

As for middle name, Samuel is nice.. James would sound good too - I think thats kinda biblical isnt it? lol. I only thought of that because thats what we'll name ours if its a boy.

I think all these names are cute :) not sure on Braxton though.

My middle name is iris and when I was at school I used to get told I have an old woman name!

My son is called Christian and one kid at his school says 'merry Christian' to him they are 5 and to me it doesn't make much sense. My daughter is called Isabel and I can't think of anyway a kid can be nasty about that but her middle names are holly Louise so maybe with the holly but who knows?xx

I think Boston is a great name, also liking Warren. I like Asher as a biblical name (I know a Samuel and unfortunately it's now connected to the name. Hate it when that happens!)

I stay away from names of place, flowers countries etc. I grew up being made fun of and Hubby had the same experience due to our names. We are very careful with names we choose for our LO's. I remember meeting a lady with a unique name, in my language the girls name meant fart but she liked the way it sounded and it meant something else in a different language.

Lol.. May I ask what the persons name was and what language you speak?

Firstly, I'm a traditional name person.I guess I am going to be truly honest and say I don't dig it much. But who cares what I say if that's what you love, then do it! We love Max and my mom hates it. I love my mom, but not even her opinion counts. It's truly up to you and your husband. However I really love Samuel.

He he had to come stalk you.

I think Boston is an amazing name.

Too many Braxton's about since "Brax" on home and away lol.

Glad your pregnancy is going well :)

Firstly, I'm a traditional name person.I guess I am going to be truly honest and say I don't dig it much. But who cares what I say if that's what you love, then do it! We love Max and my mom hates it. I love my mom, but not even her opinion counts. It's truly up to you and your husband. However I really love Samuel.
That's ok :) as I said I'm after honest opinions.
If everyone one was really against it I really probably wouldn't use it lol!
I love Max but I'm a bit bias as my brothers name is Max. :)
My hubby is so fussy so he makes it even harder to choose. And I'm just not into the common names.

He he had to come stalk you.

I think Boston is an amazing name.

Too many Braxton's about since "Brax" on home and away lol.

Glad your pregnancy is going well :)
Lol!! Hi Hun, thanks :)
Yeah hubby is the same about Braxton. I just think its so cute but yeah the association with home and away wrecks it for him.
Is that your little guy in your display pic? He's so bloody cute!
Pregnancy is going well, had to have surgery last week though and had my gallbladder out :-/

I'm surprising myself here, but I actually really like Boston too! If it wasn't a place I'd be all for it, I like the way it sounds and I can imagine it suiting a little boy very nicely :) Not liking Braxton as much. I'm in the UK and I've also never heard of a 'Boston'.
Does it go with your other children's names?

What would you call Boston on a day to day basis? Would he always need to be Boston, or would you (could you) shorten it down?

I like names that have an inbuilt pet name. My son is Isaac, so he could easily take Zac if he chooses when he's older.

We do also like biblical names-we're considering things like Elijah, Benjamin, Joshua. I also like Noah, but think as a pair Isaac and Noah would be a bit too much like having the book of genesis following us around! We have alot of biblical names already in my family, so things like Daniel, Nathan, Andrew and Paul are already taken.

I personally like more traditional names but if Boston wasn't a place I would think it sounds great. I seem to have gone for biblical names my son is Adam Joseph and this one will be Isaac Alexander (ok Alexander is not biblical).
I also went for names people can spell. Having spent my entire life spelling my name and now my surname since I got married I just wanted something people could spell without being too common. I mean everyone knows at least 10 daves right?

I'm surprising myself here, but I actually really like Boston too! If it wasn't a place I'd be all for it, I like the way it sounds and I can imagine it suiting a little boy very nicely :) Not liking Braxton as much. I'm in the UK and I've also never heard of a 'Boston'.
Does it go with your other children's names?
My boys are Seth Scott and Eli John. I think it goes pretty well, not as good as a shorter name would though.

I think it works nicely! Seth, Eli and Boston, aww, three brothers :)

What would you call Boston on a day to day basis? Would he always need to be Boston, or would you (could you) shorten it down?

I like names that have an inbuilt pet name. My son is Isaac, so he could easily take Zac if he chooses when he's older.

We do also like biblical names-we're considering things like Elijah, Benjamin, Joshua. I also like Noah, but think as a pair Isaac and Noah would be a bit too much like having the book of genesis following us around! We have alot of biblical names already in my family, so things like Daniel, Nathan, Andrew and Paul are already taken.
We can't shorten any of our names. Mine is Amie, DH is Luke and the boys are Seth and Eli ( i wanted Elijah but hubby wouldn't agree on it so settled for Eli ) so I probably wouldn't like to shorten it. He'd probably get something like 'Boz' for a nick name maybe but I'm not sure lol
Lol at the it would be like having the book of genesis following you that's hilarious. I'd love to use Noah but that's my nephews name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->