Help a lady out, I need honest opinions :)

I personally like more traditional names but if Boston wasn't a place I would think it sounds great. I seem to have gone for biblical names my son is Adam Joseph and this one will be Isaac Alexander (ok Alexander is not biblical).
I also went for names people can spell. Having spent my entire life spelling my name and now my surname since I got married I just wanted something people could spell without being too common. I mean everyone knows at least 10 daves right?
Yeah my name is Amie and even though my name is a really normal common one no one ever spells it right. I always got Amy, even on my report cards at school my teachers would often spell my name wrong. Took mill 6 years to spell it right on all my birthday and Christmas cards she would write 'Aimee' I told her 1000 times how to spell it. I don't like it when ppl change the spelling in names to be 'different' it's just confusing lol!

My MIL has a dog called Boston :) I do think it's a great name for a little boy too though. Very masculine.

We usually shorten the dog's name to boss or bossy

He he had to come stalk you.

I think Boston is an amazing name.

Too many Braxton's about since "Brax" on home and away lol.

Glad your pregnancy is going well :)
Lol!! Hi Hun, thanks :)
Yeah hubby is the same about Braxton. I just think its so cute but yeah the association with home and away wrecks it for him.
Is that your little guy in your display pic? He's so bloody cute!
Pregnancy is going well, had to have surgery last week though and had my gallbladder out :-/

Yes that's him. Master Hunter.
Hope you are feeling well after your surgery soon.
How long do you have left to go now?

I also like Boston. I'm not sure it has the same "feel" as Eli and Seth but I still like it.

What about Boston James? Boston Joseph? Boston Matthew? Boston Timothy? Boston Jude? Lol, I'm reciting books of the Bible in my head.

I'm surprising myself here, but I actually really like Boston too! If it wasn't a place I'd be all for it, I like the way it sounds and I can imagine it suiting a little boy very nicely :) Not liking Braxton as much. I'm in the UK and I've also never heard of a 'Boston'.
Does it go with your other children's names?
My boys are Seth Scott and Eli John. I think it goes pretty well, not as good as a shorter name would though.

I have a ds Eli Matthew and his brother will be Jett Duane. I think it's funny that you also like Jett and you have an Eli too. There's another lady on BNB from Austrailia that's naming her boy Jett.

I think Boston is super cute too.

I think Jett is very interesting, another thought would be 'Jet' which as I'm sure you know is a very dark crystal.

I think Jett is very interesting, another thought would be 'Jet' which as I'm sure you know is a very dark crystal.

I had always planned on spelling it Jet (I've had this name picked out for 8 years lol) but my Oh want's to add the extra T. So I figured I picked the name so he could add it to say he had a say. Eli is just Eli not Elijah so I'm keen to 3 letter names. I'm not a fan of nicknames.

My name is Vanessa and I always got Ness, Nessie, Nessa, V growing up. Drives me crazy when people still try to call me one of those.

I know two Boston's, one a toddler and a 7 year old. If it doesn't raise any connections for you, go for it!

I like Boston, and I even live in the US. I don't think it's a big deal if its also a city, and you don't even live here, so I wouldn't think twice about that factor. If you like how it sounds and goes with your family, go for it. I also do not choose common first names ( see below) ha. Anyhow, I give thumbs up to Boston!

Thanks heaps for your input girls you've been very helpful :)

Yes that's him. Master Hunter.
Hope you are feeling well after your surgery soon.
How long do you have left to go now?
He's absolutely beautiful :)
Definitely starting to feel better, if it wasnt for the flu hubby managed to pass into me I reckon I'd be feeling great lol coughing really hurts my incisions lol
15 weeks to go I'm so excited :)

I like Boston! Reminds me of Austin (was on my short list for my little guy, but my husband crossed it off).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->