Help. Adjustments to dress

rachmumtobe

Reaction score
I've got this dress to wear to a wedding next week. It's a size 14 and fits me nice on the bottom but is slightly too big on top and with it having a scooped back, I feel like it's falling off my shoulders.

I really haven't got a clue what I could do to it to make it fit better? I haven't got a pic of the back as it's at my Mums, she was gonna try and do something with it but I think she's a bit unsure too.

If anyone wants to google to get more of an idea it's a next flocked lace pencil dress.

Any advice would be appreciated, I just don't want to spend the whole day worrying that it's sliding down.

image.jpg

If it's a scooped back try sewing a piece of black elastic across where a normal neckline would be at the back. It will look like a design feature and keep the dress securely on your shoulders.

Thanks Emyandpotato, would you say roughly the thickness of the band that's around the waist? x

Yep about that! You can probably get some in Boyes or a haberdashery shop for around £2!

If you didn't want to loose the line of the dress what about that tape you can get to hold very low cut dresses in place? You could put a bit either side down your shoulder blades and that would stop it slipping without changing the shape of the open back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->