Help Advice Needed xx

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by KX, Jan 26, 2007.

1. KX

KX Well-Known Member

Just bathing Rebecca with OH, she has loads of lumpy red spots on her back, mum said it looks like chicken pox. I am pregnant, ear;y stage, read up on internet-doesn't look good.

Will it 100% definite affect baby? Limb and neurological abnormalities?

Ahh don't know what to do! :?

2. Dionne

Dionne Well-Known Member

i dont no hun sorry!

i was 13 weeks pregnant round my brother with chicken pox i was told it was fine. i also caught mumps while preg and was told i would be fine.

i remember tyler having chicken pox because i took him the docs and at the same time i confirmed my pregnancy with the doc

ild call nhs direct they are great, ask them about wether or not rebecka needs to see a doc and if your unborn baby is at risk

3. Dionne

Dionne Well-Known Member

have you had chicken pox before?

4. KX

KX Well-Known Member

Ive had it before? :?

5. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

You should be protected then but I would perhaps phone NHS to make sure. Hope all is ok, and that Rebecca gets better soon.

6. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

Found this

I hope this helps

7. Dionne

Dionne Well-Known Member

ps poor you :(

Rebecka is always keeping you on your toes. when she is poorly she really is poorly not just the sniffles:( bless you both

8. KX

KX Well-Known Member

thankyou both, xxx

Dionne I blame the nursery :D

9. Yvonne

Yvonne Well-Known Member

And you can't say she caught it off Jack :lol:

I got told by the doctor i saw with jack that if they have had it before (pregnant women) then they SHOULD be ok but keep them away to be on the safe side.

Hope she is ok hun

10. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

My sister's OH had chicken pox when my sister was pregnant, and she was told all the time the baby is in the womb the baby will be OK, if you have had chicken pox before as you should technically be immune and therefore be protecting the baby........so try not to worry babe, but you should be fine! I hope it clears up for her soon :( x

11. sophie

sophie Mum of 2 pg with no3!

When i was pg in dec last yr i caught shingles remember anyone??? Everyone told me it wont affect the baby cos ide had it before, both my doctor an 2 midwifes told me this hun. Even after i miscarried they told me it wouldnt have had anythin to do with the shingles i know there not the same but they are kinda :? but anyway dont worry chick u should be fine!

I hope i havent worried u more now :? cos i was only tellin u what 3 professionals told me!
    xx

12. Caroline

Caroline Proud Mum of 4

In early pg with Alisha a girl at work came in with shingles. I knew it was contagious and panicked. Boss phoned nhs direct and dr honed back. You are at risk only if you have not had chicken pox. I wa unsure so they pulled my booking bloods at hospital (had only had them done that week ) and they checked for immunity and phoned me back within 6 hrs and i was immune so i was fine. DS got chicken pox a few weeks later and was told cos i was imune baby would be fine. For own piece of mind speak to m/w and i'm sure they wolud check your immunity. :hugs: Hope lo gets better soon.

13. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

KX...Sorry that i dont have any advice. Looks like there is alot of good comments.....Just wanted to give you a hug :hugs:

14. KX

KX Well-Known Member

hi ladies,

Thank you all for your advice, apparently the spots arent cpox, but part of a viral infection. When asked why they now have heads they couldn't answer!!

So watch this space as I aint convinced.

Thanks again for all your help xxxxxxxxxx

15. muffin

muffin 6 losses, mum to 1

when i was 10wks i was looking after my friends son for a few days when he came down with chixpox, i went straight to my hospital consultant and he said point blank that as ive ha it as a child i was in NO RISK whatsoever. so if your not convinced its a viral thing i would try not to worry.

hope this helps put you mind at rest?
    xxx