Help Appreciated

Hi and welcome

Firstly i dont think you should put your life in hold as your sil is going through a terrable time, its your life and im sure it would turn a bad situation into a more positive one, they will probably be over the moon. It will also raise the rest of the familys spirits up.

I dont know anything about cronhs disease or the coil so i cant help you there

I agree with Lozzy -there will always be reasons to put off having LO but at some point you have to put yourselves first.

I don't know anything about Crohn's disease. Will you have to come off your medication to conceive/carry a baby? I'd heard that pregnancy supressed the immune system somewhat (I have a relative by marriage with MS who gets better when she is pregnant).

Don't know anything about the coil, sorry. Bet someone here will though!

Anyway good luck with it all and I hope your family is feeling better soon.

Hey hun, I hope you find a solution that suits you but I think each one has to do what they have to do with their own life... I do think waiting is putting your life on hold and hasn't got a limit. For example, if baby gets better soon you could TTC soon, if it doesn't then till when would you wait? If the worst finally happens (not saying that it will and hopefully not), but if it does, then when will be the right time? and you never know what will happen to make you wait longer. I hope I didn't sound harsh or unsensible, but as much as you can feel sorry for them and feel their situation, there never is a "right time" and as much as BIL is having a hard time, I'm sure he will be glad for you Also if this time is the closest for you to the "ideal right time" then I would go for it, good luck hun.xxxxx

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for the replies, I agree with what everyone is saying too - there may never be a right time that is going to suit everyone else, but only us, so I called doc today - on the calling list to have my coil removed (ahhhh!) Will prob arrange it for around mid june as im going on hols next week and don't fancy AF visiting while im away!

I did hear that about the immune system with pregnancy which is really good as crohns disease is autoimmune, and they have me on immunosupressants. I think I will have to come off them although Ive been told they are considered safe in pregnancy...I'd rather be safe than sorry, who knows what they could find out in years to come about the effects they may have.

Not looking forward to the dreaded 'poking' around to get this coil out :rofl:

If you want a baby, go for it. Cancer is horrible, but it could go on for months/years... you cant wait for forever.

I have to agree with the others hun. As much as your B&SIL are having to deal with such a terrible thing they probably wouldn't want you to put your life on hold and certainly if it feel right for you and hubby to TTC now I would go for it. They might even be thankful of a pregnancy to give them and other family members something positive to focus on. Hope this helps and my payers are with your family

Well...

Seen my consultant yesterday. He has agreed to me tryin!!! Really surprised as I thought he'd say no but my crohn's is quite regulated at the moment so he thinks now would be a better time to try. He did say it may take me longer to conceive tho with me having the condition, but sure it'll be fun trying hehe.

Coil removal booked for 17th June... OMG!

Anyone else gonna TTC soon?xx

If I was in your sis-in-laws shoes I definately wouldn't want you to put more children on hold for my sake. Your joy is not her misery and another baby in the family would be something to look forward to. It's very thoughtful of you both to take this into consideration tho.

I am not familiar with Crohns disease but if you intend to have another child at some point in the future why not now while it is in remission.

No idea about the coil I'm afraid.

Lx

DIdn't want to read and run, but I agree that you shouldn't put off TTC because of the illness in your family, however sad. I am sure if anything they would be happy for you. Can't comment on the other issues sorry as I don't know anything about it. xxxxxxxxxxx

hello! Just wanted to say welcome to WTT :D x

I think a new baby in the family will be a welcome joy and relief from the stress and worry of the cancer. It would be such a cheerful and uplifting thing to share. You know how to be discreet and sensitive about when you bring it up - I can't see that anyone, your SIL included, would be anything but glad for you.
I don't have any experience with the other issues, but wanted to wish you beast of luck with the procedure and TTC! :)
And welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->