Help! Baby in 2 days and need inspiration!

Tigerlily01

Reaction score
We've had our boy name picked for ages, but have been wavering between Lynn Ivy and Ivy Lynn for girl names forEVER. I know they aren't to everyone's taste, but we love both. Our last name is 3 syllables, starts with K, and is unpronounceable, so simple names are best.

We both prefer Lynn Ivy, because it puts a simple classic name first, and a slightly quirkier one second, but I have terrible allergies and names that end in "n" are a little nasal, which drives me nutty, since it's uncomfortable to say with a stuffy nose. The flow isn't perfect, but we don't care because we've really grown to like it, it's just the nasal-ness that is stopping me.

I realize Ivy Lynn actually flows better, but it's a little cutesy, and when Lynn is the middle name it becomes a filler name and your eyes just kinda skip over it like it isn't there. Plus I'm in the US and putting Lynn in the middle sounds just a tad southern to me (and we're northerners), which turns me off. I had also thought of Ivy June (family name), but it's a little flowery (and sounds like a stripper name??:haha:), or Ivy Katherine/Catherine (a little boring, and initials would be ICK :dohh: which is a no go). Having a hard time coming up with other ideas. OH suggested Marie, which is yet another filler name, or Elizabeth, which is too long and a mouthful with our last name.

So...any ideas for middle names for Ivy that aren't too trendy or long or filler-like? And regardless of what you think of the specific names Ivy and Lynn, would you go with the name you liked best but was hard for you to say (will it drive me nuts if I say it 400 times a day for the next 20 years??), or the one you liked second best that was easier on the nose (which OH doesn't like quite as well)?

OH has said I can pick, since he is ok with both, but if I can't come to a decision, he prefers Lynn Ivy pretty strongly so I've agreed to go with that if I can't decide. What would you do???

I like Ivy Lynn better but I am a southerner LOL. Pick the one you can see yourself yelling on the playground most comfortably!

Suggestions: Ivy Quinn? Ivy Rae? Ivy Grace? Ivy Leigh? Ivy Lane? Ivy Rose? Ivy Michele? Ivy Noelle? Ivy Mae?

❤️ Ivy Quinn and Ivy Leigh :)

Thanks for the suggestions! At the moment we're leaning towards Ivy as the first name. OH suggested Ivy Grace which sounds nice and is another family name, although it's not quite my taste and Grace seems to be another filler name these days. I still really like Ivy June since it's a little different, but it just sounds so flowery I can't quite bring myself to inflict it on our baby...I'm afraid we'd regret it, even though I like it. I like Noelle, but it's already been used in our family. So we're still kinda stuck on Ivy Lynn at the moment as a 'safe' option (unless we change our minds and use Lynn Ivy in the moment :haha:). Any other ideas for Ivy middle names?

I love the name Ivy - the more I see it on here - the more I grow to love it. Good choice! I agree that Ann, Marie, Grace, Lynn, Rose, Mae have become "filler" middle names - but this has caused them to also be slightly "boring" (at least in my opinion). I find them even more boring as first names! Sorry! :flower:

Ivy Quinn is an awesome suggestion! LOVE this!!!

Ivy Shea
Ivy Shayne
Ivy Brielle <--- My fav choice!
Ivy Jade
Ivy Willow
Ivy Harlow
Ivy Skye
Ivy Juliet
Ivy Lilliana

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts