[Help] Breast Pumps

AshlynThomas9

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this brand of breast pumps? If so, would you recommend them? Are they decent enough for their price? They're so much cheaper than the other brands I've found.

The link is attached since the site won't let me post it correctly.

Thanks!

Attachments

• link.jpg
    link.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 23
Oh. You can't edit posts on this site. I guess I'll just hope that everyone sees that this is the real link.

Attachments

• link2.jpg
    link2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 23
That's not a brand we have in the UK so I wouldn't know what it's like. Electric double pumps are usually the best especially if you need to pump a lot but the better ones are usually the brands that are used in hospitals/breastfeeding clinics. I think Medela is the brand of choice here. How much pumping are you planning on doing? I've only needed to pump twice so a single manual pump has served me fine. If you are going to exclusively pump then it will be worth paying for a quality machine

That's not a brand we have in the UK so I wouldn't know what it's like. Electric double pumps are usually the best especially if you need to pump a lot but the better ones are usually the brands that are used in hospitals/breastfeeding clinics. I think Medela is the brand of choice here. How much pumping are you planning on doing? I've only needed to pump twice so a single manual pump has served me fine. If you are going to exclusively pump then it will be worth paying for a quality machine

Hmm I actually never thought of that. I want to mainly nurse, but I've heard that I should also pump some, but I have no idea how much since I plan on only working part-time at the most really so I won't be away much. Any suggestions?

I would still go for an electric pump if you need to build up a stash, it takes 30-45 Mins to get 4-5oz with a manual pump, feels like forever! I've not used electric maybe one of the American ladies can give some advice they have to pump a lot more than we do in UK we can take much longer off work

I would still go for an electric pump if you need to build up a stash, it takes 30-45 Mins to get 4-5oz with a manual pump, feels like forever! I've not used electric maybe one of the American ladies can give some advice they have to pump a lot more than we do in UK we can take much longer off work

Thanks! I live in Australia which is mainly why I'm having so much trouble. I only recently moved here from America and everything is so different. :p

Hmm I actually never thought of that. I want to mainly nurse, but I've heard that I should also pump some, but I have no idea how much since I plan on only working part-time at the most really so I won't be away much. Any suggestions?

When will you start working again? How often? Will it be day shift or night? I ask because I didn't return to work until 10 months postpartum, and by then my baby was hardly drinking milk at all. So, just a couple bottles would work for my partner. I didn't really need a stash. I just pump at work, and that's enough.

If you're not returning to work for a while, I think a hand pump would be ideal. Honestly, I bought an electric pump... and I regret it now. It was a huge waste of money, because I use the handpump more. It's easier to tote around, more convenient to use in public, and I don't pump that much anymore anyway. I had a huge stash for a while, but more than 1/2 the stash went bad.

Unless you're returning to work at a few months postpartum or sooner, I would just go for a hand pump. If you're returning at 2 weeks to a few months (or maybe like 5 or 6 months) then go for the electric pump.

I'm unfamiliar with that brand, but it looks a lot like Medela. Which is one of the most recommended here (and by the looks of it the UK too lol).

ETA: If you return early postpartum, definitely get a double electric. You will have to pump every time the baby would be nursing, which until about 4 months is every 2-3 hours! So, you'd definitely have to pump 2 times or more at work, from both breasts.

Otherwise, if you return later, you may find you can get away with only pumping once during your shift. Since my 11 month old feeds on an unpredictable schedule, I just ask for a pump break once my breast feels heavy. Usually only once during an eight hour shift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->