help! catheters and only two hands

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
i have to catheter tom twice a day and until now mike has done it as i just can't hold his legs down, hold his willy and insert tube. how do i grow another hand or is there some trick i am missing??? mike goes away in a week or so for three months so i have to find the nack quick.

:hissy::hissy:

could you try wrapping just his legs in a blanket really tightly? Thats one less thing to hold! good luck!:hug:

I was going to suggest that. Is there something you can firmly (but gently) strap his legs down with? If they need to be apart maybe you could wrap a piece of clothing or a blanket round each one and kneel on it? (the blanket, not the leg)

Hope it gets easier for you :hugs: x

no advice from me i'm afraid, but im sure you will find your own way of doing it, sending :hug:

like a small scarf or something? good idea! will try that and report back!

Sorry hun i have no advice but goodluck...let us know how you get on xx

Good job! I cant imagine having to do that everyday, you are a strong mama!!

Sorry for aking but why do you have to put a catheter in him twice a day?

Sorry for aking but why do you have to put a catheter in him twice a day?

he has spina bifida so might have damage to the nerves that control his bowels and bladder. when they are babies it is hard to tell whether they can pee or not and it can change at any time. So whilst at the moment he pees for england on his own in the air as soon as i take his nappy off, one day he might not be able to pee at all and it will damage his kidneys. I have to catheterise him to make sure.

i managed it by putting him on a changing matt in the cot where i can lean on his with my arms and do the catheter with my hands. Tricky and sometimes messy when he kicks, but i did it!! Woop1

=D> Em!!!

I get all freaked out when I have to check Keira's temp rectally, so bravo to you!!!!

Well done you!! Thats great, its amazing how people can adjust!! x x

Well done, glad you got the hang of it. Hope Tom is ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"