• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help!! Colic, Reflux, Constipation what is it!!!

Sleepymum123

Reaction score
Hi all any advice would be great.
My LO is 4 weeks for the past week she has been upset when feeding she will star off fine taking an ounce or so I will then wind her as she does suck her bottles quite hard she gets wind up fine with the help of infacol but when I put the bottle back in her mouth to take some more she seems to want it but will grunt and grown, claw her face kick her legs and cry I don't know what to do she also breaks wind a lot throughout the day I am now in this routine where she is having a ounce or 2 every 2 hours and I am shattered.
She also only has 1 BM a day sometimes it looks quite formed and other times it's loose.
I have said all this to docs and they have just prescribed movicol for her I am thinking it may be colic any advice would.be great!!!!

HI! sorry ur going through this but if it's any comfort ur not alone! My lo is now just over 6 wks and has had the same reactions as your lo along with some others.
Dr put him on nutregimen lipid in case he was sensitive to cows milk and or lactose and have just started him on meds for reflux. A lot of this is just a case of trying to see if something helps rather than knowing for sure. I don't think it sounds like your lo has constipation. It could just be an immature digestive system which makes it uncomfortable.
However i would recommend keeping a note of symptoms and bring to ur doctor, this is what I did and I think I was taken more seriously and was able to be more specific on what was going on. I think i would have screamed the place down if iwas told hhe'd grow out of it one more time! Reflux is very common and the crying during feeds is a sign. Check out purplecrying.info, I found it a great resource for hints and tips on how to soothe lo and keep calm while doing so!
Another thing I found helpful is cycling baby's legs gently a few times a day, it seemed to help him pass gas. Gentle tummy massage in a clockwise direction also seemed to help, he may not like it at the timebut Iit definitely moved the gas and poop along. There's info on how to do massage online...
All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->