Help convincing DH we should have the tree up sooner

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
So DH, aka The Grinch, wants our tree (and other house decs) to go up on Christmas Eve. I'm not even kidding. I would like the tree to go up on the 1st December, but would compromise on December 5th/6th as it is the first weekend in December. DH has compromised on 19th December as that is his first day of Christmas holidays. We are at an impasse :haha:. My argument is that the longer its up the longer the kids have to enjoy is, and since it takes time and effort to decorate we may as well get it up earlier rather than spend time decorating only to take it all down 2 weeks later. DH just says no, boo! :haha:. So, does anyone have any winning arguments to help me pursued him??

P.S- I said I was just going to order the tree and do it myself now and he said he will just burn it down :haha:

Decorating for Christmas is a lot of work. It takes me a week to get through it all. So I'm getting at least 5 weeks out of them. The tree and some other stuff went up this weekend. The rest will go up over the rest of the week with the outside decorations being up for next weekend (if the storms stop). A few last bits like the Christmas bedding might wait until next week. And then it all stays up until Twelfthnight so we have time to really enjoy it.

I would go with something like..
"The tree is going up on X date, like it or lump it" 😂

order the tree, decorate it.
When he says "I'll burn it down" just respond with "I won't stop you, I'm so fed up with with those baubles anyway - that will give me chance to start over again! I'll nip to John Lewis you stay home & set fire to the tree."

When he says "I'll burn it down" just respond with "I won't stop you, I'm so fed up with with those baubles anyway - that will give me chance to start over again! I'll nip to John Lewis you stay home & set fire to the tree."

This!

Just asked dh if that'd work (he's a stubborn, stubborn man!) and he said totally would :haha: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->