• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help! Do you wake LO to feed at night??

wannabemomy37

~ Waiting ~
Reaction score
Hey ladies, so I've been blessed with a wonderful sleeper, which you'd think is great news, but it's giving me such anxiety seeing as he goes so long without eating and needs to be woken up still at times, and is difficult to wake even after 6hrs.

Last night for example, I got him in bed by 9, last feeding at 830. I fully expected him to eat again around 1030/11 so I stayed up waiting but nope. So I pumped, and set an alarm for 1am. He's still asleep so I figure by 2am he NEEDS to eat. He's still sleeping so I woke him and he only ate a little...445 I freaked out, OH helped me wake him and he ate good but went directly back to sleep. It's now 8am and I'm going to have to wake him again...he's been sleeping soundly since 9pm?!

Not to mention all this stressing ad waking waiting for him to eat, I haven't pumped like I usually do because I wanted to make sure he got milk when he needed it.

I should mention his "usual" "schedule" is he eats around 10pm and down for the night. I wake around 1am to pump, 330am he wakes to feed and goes back till 7ish to feed again.

What do your 2 month olds do?? How/when do you pump? Do you wake just to pump?

Help?!

Id let him sleep. My DD slept through the night at 5 weeks and just fed her when she then woke up. If you're worried try to rouse him but he's probably just stretching out his feeds. Do you need to pump? If not just have the sleep! (And enjoy it while you can because it probably won't last long!)

Really? Let him sleep 12 hours without eating?? That idea freaks me out for some reason lol

I'd definitely need to pump at least once...I have so much milk

Yeah, if he is otherwise healthy and has regained his birth weight you can let him sleep. DD has gone 19-8 a couple of times(my boobs were rock hard and very painful in the morning,) but it didn't last. Do you have a movement monitor? This saves my worry! If he's hungry he'll wake up and let you know.

You only need to wake them to eat if they are under their birth weight, not gaining weight as they should or your supply is struggling, or they have a condition (like jaundice) that makes them lethargic.

Honestly good sleepers don't always stay good sleepers, so I'd catch up on the sleep while you can in anticipation of the 4month sleep regression etc.

All this I say is dependant on him sleeping in the same room as you at night. Some babies who sleep in a separate room to their mum seem to sleep too deeply.

If hes healthy and at a good weight i think you should enjoy an uninterrupted nights sleep... at 2 months my son was waking up once or twice a night but now hes sleeping 8 hours straight at 4 months. Soooo grateful and over the moon about it.

Your blessed to have a baby who doesnt wake you up so much lol

From what you've said I'd let him sleep. My DD has been sleeping through for the past fortnight and I'm not in the habit of waking a sleeping baby. It's like poking a bear :haha:

I would just let him sleep if he is over his birth weight. He will let you know if he's hungry :)

Thanks ladies! I've been letting him sleep...only thing now is he only eats 6 or 7 times in 24 hours some days...is this ok? He's peeing/pooping ok still?

Of course now he had his 2 month jabs yesterday so he's been sleeping even more and I do wake him, mostly because of my need to express milk lol but I'm so worried he'll get dehydrated since it's so muggy and hot

I'd let him sleep. Like said above if he's over birth weight and no other issues no need to wake them. They say a 2 month old should nurse 7-9 times a day. I'd say as long as he's still gaining weight and peeing he's ok. If it's hot and you think he needs more try offering it to him more often.

If he is gaining weight well, I would never wake to feed. Little babies need the sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->