Help folding flats

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
I bought some unbleached cotton flat diapers. I tossed them in the wash with my current diapers a bunch of times and now I think they're ready to use. Only problem is I don't know how to fold them!

I tried the triangle fold (I'm sorry I don't know what the folds are called) and it was too small if I folded it in half and then half again but it was way too big if I just folded it once.

I also tried folding it in threes (and in half again because it was so big) but that seemed way too thick and uncomfortable for his bum.

Anyone have any suggestions? I got the big ones and my little guy is about 24 lb and still more on the chunky side.

Try the Origami fold, it's my go-to, I've tried lots of other ones but I keep going back to it. My guy is about 20lbs.

I've only tried the kite fold, but it's worked well on my toddler. I'm just practising it on her until my newborn is here. ;)

Thanks! I think I was supposed to look up the kite fold bit then I forgot what it was called. Oops! Haha!

The origami fold looks good. I folded it but gamemaster tried it yet. Kiddo is on a cloth diaper strike for some reason. It's killing me. Hoping to get it on him in the morning.

Just a quick update. He's letting me put cloth on him again (yay!) and the origami fold is working great! I am really loving these diapers. :)

Thanks!

The origami fold is working out great for us so far. :)

That is great! I like the origami fold.

You didn't run into any issues prepping your flats with your current stash? I keep reading that the oils from the new fabric will get into the old ones and cause leaking issues. Just curious as it seems easier to wash new with old (I'm waiting on some new cloth).

I was actually getting rid of my old diapers because they were cheapie pocket diapers and the elastics were all shot so I didn't use them much afterwards. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->