Help Gallstones :(

Bunnipowder

Reaction score
OMG I dont know how much more of this I can take!! :cry: :cry:

I started getting gallstone attacks in feb after doing the cambridge diet for a few months, I was able to track the foods causing the problem and avoid them. Stupidly never went to the doctors until I found out I was pregnant the nurse was rude anyway really unhelpful said couldn't even send me for a scan, just cut out fatty foods, so I did.
Last month I had an attack so bad I had to go a+e I could hardly breath just didnt know where to put myself stand up sit down it was agony I just wanted gas and air!! They give me co-codamol at a+e and said nothing else can do.

Since Saturday I have had gall bladder pain with just 1 really bad attack (worser than when I went to a+E) I took some co-codamol and put a heat pack on my back and it calmed down very quickly back to typical pain. I have hardly eaten last few days as anything is causing problems, im only eating 2 pieces of fruit a day I am so hungry but feel sick with the pain.

I feel like there is a stone stuck there as its been days!! Went to the doctors again and she tried to fob me off with heartburn I wanted to scream but she did request a scan for me which could take weeks! I asked what food shall i eat? She said anything which you can handle. Which is nothing!!

I can't take this no more the pain is vile, I don't want to eat as it just causes pain but im pregnant and I need to :cry:

Sorry hun <HUGS> Ive been there, as for what can be done, truthfully not much while your pregnant, surgery would be risky and i can tell you from experience its not ideal.

My advice would be to keep going to A&E or the out of hours GP, i went through my out of hours and got admitted, glad i did as after several days of constant pain they discovered it had caused pancreaitis, its rare but can happen.

As for what to eat, try to stick low fat, i found the worse thing for me was anything fizzy, so avoid that too. When you have an attack go to hospital, at least you will get on their nerves enough and when your baby is born they can do the surgery quickly.

nothing helped my pain so cant help there, i did evetually get used to the pain but it was more acceptance and exhurstion.

Good luck, hope you manage to control it, if you get admitted they will have to do the scan.

Linseed(flaxseed) tea is good for when you have an attack and grated beetroot with flax oil like 3 times a day really does help keep the attacks at bay and help with pain.

I found that completely cutting out fat from my diet did not help and your body does NEED some fats which is why the flax oil is good. Even ground flaxseed is good to add to your diet (Can be added to yoghurts, cereals, juice, etc) I have some you can try if you like?

Avoid anything fried, saturated fat, hydrogenated fats, etc. Don't cut out essential fatty acids.

Don't over eat. Avoid foods that trigger your attacks.

I would go and see a doctor if your pain lasts for more than a day as you could have a stone stuck which could lead to other things.

And most importantly keep at the doctors/hospital. It's taken me 2 years of constantly being in and out of the doctors and many hospital stays to get my surgery to have mine removed.

If you want to try that ground flax seed then drop me a PM (and if you need to talk) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->