Help! Hubby stole my pills!

freckleonear

Crunchy mummy
Reaction score
So last night, after my parents dropping hints about them wanting a granddaughter, hubby hid my birth control pills! I can't find them, he says he's thrown them out! :rofl:

Problem is I don't think I'm ready to get pregnant just yet. I was really looking forward to enjoying the summer with Aaron now that he's able to do so much more, but morning sickness would completely ruin that. I got it really badly last time, I practically spent 4 months on the sofa. :hissy:

Also hubby is still out of work after being made redundant. We're actually better off than when he was working :shrug: so I know we could afford another baby, but I don't want people to think we're just sponging off the government.

I was also planning on losing a little bit of weight, getting fitter and taking some vitamins for a few months before trying, plus we had a huge row a few weeks ago and I wanted to get back to being more stable after that. Hubby is also on anti-depressants for some mental condition that the doctors haven't been able to diagnose yet.

Am I being silly wanting to wait a little bit longer? I've started feeling really broody over the last week or so I need to make sure I'm being sensible about this! Should I just go with the flow or try and get my BCPs back?

No, you're not silly for wanting to wait a little! It's totally your call call about when you feel ready.

It's just a little odd with the roles being reversed for once and the OH being the keen one. I bet if you hid his condoms when he wasn't ready there'd be trouble! It's just that you don't get to have many children in your lifetime and althought there's no *perfect* time to have a baby if there's things you can change to make the experience better, go for it!

Not silly at all - I would be denying all s*x rights and getting your bcps back!! xxx

If you deny him sex im pretty sure he will give them back straight away:rofl:

Thanks girls, I'll stick by my guns.

I did manage to get them back earlier by refusing to go to the shop until he returned them (lazy man!) but he hid them again while I was out. He doesn't believe the no sex threat and says I give in too easily, so I guess I'll just have to prove him wrong!

If you deny him sex im pretty sure he will give them back straight away:rofl:

:rofl: I'd be doing that too!! I think you should stick to your guns too, you have to be ready to have another one. I want to wait too so i can enjoy my little girl before i have to split my attention.

I'm sorry, but am I the only who sees just how rude that is? (Unless he's just kidding, then its kinda cute) I mean...are you in the middle of a pack? At least let you finish it, for god's sake. Maybe you should hide them from him, you know?

If that was my OH, Id be super-pissed and tell him to stop fucking with my hormones...

but then, thats just me.

Id go to the docs and say uv lost them and get a 2nd perscription and hide them from him so he cant pinch them

lol Well first I think thats pretty cute.
Second, I'd make a deal with him... you'll start trying right after summer. And yea, he shouldn't be screwing with your hormones mid-pack!

I'd say he shouldn't be doing that in general. That's extremely disrespectful of your body and your mind.

If you don't want another so soon then tell him that. It's your body, you will have to deal with the pregnancy. He shouldn't have just chucked your pills, it's pretty disrespectful making that decision without asking you what you wanted to do. Men have no idea how difficult pregnancy can be is and what a pain it can be to stop taking the pill mid pack!

That is cute! I think there are many of us that would LOVE for that to happen to us! :rofl:

However I understand your concern. If you are not ready, maybe you could just sit down with your hubby and discuss it with him and make it clear that you are not ready at the moment. I'm sure he will come around and give you back your pills. :hugs:

Thanks girls, I did manage to get the pills back without missing any and fortunately I was at the end of a pack anyway. Yes it was kind of cute but I was mad at him too!

I made a deal with him that we can start TTC in June when my last two packs run out instead of waiting until September, so hopefully he can wait for that long. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->