Help! I'm consumed and obsessing!

fluffet521

Reaction score
I'm brand new to this so I'll do my best with the acronyms. :wacko: Thankfully, I found a cheat sheet!

DH and I BDed in the wee morning hours of the day I Oed, which was my 2nd peak day per my OPK (corroborated by lots of EW CF). I am now 16 DPO, and temps have stayed above my CL. I had very VERY faint spotting at 11 DPO (brownish pink) and 12 DPO (light pink) just once each of those days on toilet paper and I wouldn't have noticed if I weren't looking closely. Then a bit more faint brown on toilet paper twice on 14 DPO. Yesterday, 15 DPO, I thought AF arrived but she has only turned out to be more spotting through and including today, red and brown, and not enough to use a tampon. I'm usually heavy by CD 2.

My last few cycles were between 29-31 days. I took a test this morning and two mornings ago, both were :bfn:s. :nope: But even with the spotting and the :bfn:s, I still feel like I KNOW I'm pregnant.

I think part of this is because I got a :bfp: back in May but had a missed MC and ended up having a DNC in June because I didn't want to see it happen, I just wanted it to be over. The thought of waiting for my body to recognize that my baby was no longer growing was too much to bear. Still, it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

Anyway, my point is that my BFP didn't show up until CD 62 (my cycles were very irregular before the MMC and DNC). I even had my annual exam on CD 48 and got a BFN in the doctor's office! So I'm wondering if my body just takes longer for the HCG to get to a level high enough to give me a BFP? And if so, is that a sign of trouble from the start? Am I completely psyching myself up to be pregnant when I'm really not?

My BFF said she's worried about me and wants me not to stress about it, but easier said than done, especially since she already has a DS and a DD! I only just started thinking I might be late 3 days ago, but I have been somewhat obsessed ever since.

I welcome and appreciate anyone's thoughts!

It's so hard not to obsess.and the more you tell your self not to think about it that is all you do. I believe the more you worry the harder it is to catch. Have you thought about going to the Dr's for a test. Bloods usually show more then a home pregnancy test
That way you know for sure

Have you talked to your doc about going on the pill to regulate your cycles? Thats what i had to do in the past as my cycles were all over the place. After only a few months they regulated to a normal amount and rarely do they ever go over 28 days now. That way you may find you will have more consistant cycles at the same length. Prayers though that this cycle is a good one and you get your bfp soon.

what i think helps the most over anything is the ovulation tests. although a doctor told me i was right in the normal cycle range (28 days exactly) i used the wondfo ovulation tests because i thought my anemia might cause my egg to release late or not at all. one cycle i never got positive opk but i think its because i skipped 2 days in testing which was the day i was supposed to show a positive opk.

if you could begin using those if you havent already, you'll know when to expect your bfp if you do the dance in that time frame. its more for women with an irregular cycle.

You ladies are so sweet, thank you. Unfortunately, AF came. Catiren, thanks for the suggestion. I do use Clearblue OPK and love it. Very helpful in timing the BDing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->