Help!!!! issue at 6 weeks!!!

pinkpassion

3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete
Reaction score
Breast feeding is going exceedingly well, no problems at all with supply or baby girl eating.. my problem just popped up and it's with her latch, all of a sudden out of no where her latch sucks and my nipples are being abused!!! Why did this happen?! I've tried everything to fix her latch but she's always been in impatient eater, hates it when I make her stop to burp and she gets so frustrated and upset when I stop her to try to fix her latch... I've been grinning and baring it but it's getting worse (started about 5 days ago) and this morning I woke up with an engorged left breast because I have been stopping her early on that side because that side she does it the worst on)... I'm desperate , like about to go buy a nipple shield!!! My poor nipple is creased when she gets done feeding and it's so sore for a few hours.. I've been using coconut oil and lanolin on them and cleaning them thoroughly before every feeding! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

This happened to me recently and I had to go back to the nipple shield for a few days until my nips were no longer sore.

In the early days I used a nipple shield for a day or two for a break... it was the best thing i don't but the midwife was not amused.

The key is to watch out for baby's hunger ques. When baby starts showing signs of hunger, feed then and take your time getting the latch right. If you wait (like i did) till baby is crying for a feed because i missed the ques, your baby will just latch which ever way is fastest and will get very frustrated when you unlatch the baby to correct.

My son still to this day (nearly 10months) has lazy latch feeds and I have to take him off until he goes on right x

Hi pinkpassion! How are things now? I'm late to this thread but wanted to recommend you consult a lactation consultant before trying nipple shields. There could be a simple fix to the latch problem and nipple shields can be very difficult to wean baby from once the problem is fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->