• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help- lab pup with embarrassing habit

You have to have something similar- or ask for something called Forbid. They have to have that at your vet.

https://www.entirelypets.com/forbid.html

you can have it shipped to you in the uk

You have to have something similar- or ask for something called Forbid. They have to have that at your vet.

She ate the strongest chilli sauce I could find. She knows I am adding stuff to it and that isn't putting her off. She knows it tastes good and I am trying to ruin it.

lol that's hilarious. But really, try the forbid. I've worked at a vet clinic for 4 + years- and never seen it NOT work.

In the UK, there should be something called "Deter" (it works like "Forbid")
Also, when you clean up her poop, do you let her watch you clean it up? Because then she might just be copying your behavior and help "clean up" her own poop.

In the UK, there should be something called "Deter" (it works like "Forbid")
Also, when you clean up her poop, do you let her watch you clean it up? Because then she might just be copying your behavior and help "clean up" her own poop.

I do, but then I don't have much choice most of the time.

I am off to a new vet next week do hopefully she will be able to give us something. My last vet did not recommend food additives like deter. But if the vet doesn't come up with something then I will have to buy it over the net.

This has to stop or she will have to go as it can't go on with a toddler and a baby in the house. I hate separating her.

See what the other vet says first but honestly, if you are not able to resolve the problem alone, i would highly recommend a positive reinforcement dog trainer in your area. It could be that the trainer will only have to show up once or twice so it shouldn't cost much. It is very hard to give advice over the internet as i can't see what is going on i.e. dog's body language, your body language/reactions to certain behavior of the dog. Someone would have to be there with you and witness it all to be able to pin point the exact problem.

See what the other vet says first but honestly, if you are not able to resolve the problem alone, i would highly recommend a positive reinforcement dog trainer in your area. It could be that the trainer will only have to show up once or twice so it shouldn't cost much. It is very hard to give advice over the internet as i can't see what is going on i.e. dog's body language, your body language/reactions to certain behavior of the dog. Someone would have to be there with you and witness it all to be able to pin point the exact problem.

We have done this too:( they just said put chilli on it and stay with her until it is done, praise etc:( she us tough cookie!

She has had formal puppy training and I am following it by the book. She is just too smart! Thank you for your help!

Have you tried taking her for an actual walk yet? It is possible to tire out a dog enough to where they simply won't care about their poop coming out of their butt anymore once they managed to go :haha: ;) Worth a shot :D

OK - I had a staffy that used to do this all the time....
It was foul as she would eat it, then come in the house and be sick!!
<gags>

I went to my local pet store and told her the problem, she said that dogs do this as they feel they need more nutrients, so suggested i buy this tin of powder (cost about 6 quid) and sprinkle it in to the food - also change from tinned to biscuit form - i did this and it stopped within a week

Now i have 3 diff staffys and i feed them the supermarkets own food and iv never had a problem with any of them doing it - hope this helps hun

Have you tried taking her for an actual walk yet? It is possible to tire out a dog enough to where they simply won't care about their poop coming out of their butt anymore once they managed to go :haha: ;) Worth a shot :D

I live in a forest and I walk her daily. She isn't bored and she doesn't have high energy.

OK - I had a staffy that used to do this all the time....
It was foul as she would eat it, then come in the house and be sick!!
<gags>

I went to my local pet store and told her the problem, she said that dogs do this as they feel they need more nutrients, so suggested i buy this tin of powder (cost about 6 quid) and sprinkle it in to the food - also change from tinned to biscuit form - i did this and it stopped within a week

Now i have 3 diff staffys and i feed them the supermarkets own food and iv never had a problem with any of them doing it - hope this helps hun

She is on dried high quality food - what is the powder? I have been to all the local big stores and they don't have anything, just say the bit about nutrients. I have tried switching to cheaper foods too and no results:( she is on the best food money can buy with high fibre - something they tend to lack when the chomp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->