Help! Light pink tinged cervical mucus!

hope2bmother

Reaction score
I need some input, preferably reassurance! I'm 7 weeks pregnant and just had some very light pink tInged cervical mucus when I wiped! This is so nerve racking. I seem to remember this happening with my rainbow, but that was 2 years ago. I also have had a miscarriage so the first trimester is always a nail biter! Has anyone else experienced this?

It could be absolutely nothing or it could be, as you know, a sign that something isn't right. Is there any reason your cervix would be irritated? Sex, you've been checking cervical position, you've had a scan (even if abdominal, I get spotting even after these), had treatment for thrush, etc.? Any of those can cause spotting and bleeding. Personally, I've had bleeding (like sometimes full on, heavy, soaking through things bleeding) in all of my pregnancies and it's been the heaviest in my two healthy pregnancies? I actually didn't have much spotting and only one wipe of blood with my miscarriage (this was with waiting 6 weeks for a mc to happen and eventually I needed a d&c). So in my experience, spotting and even heavy bleeding can be completely normal in pregnancy. I had about two weeks of it with this baby around 7-9 weeks, including about 2 days of pretty heavy bleeding. All was fine. I'm 19 weeks now and I'm not had any more since around 12 ish weeks. Sometimes it's just one of those things, but I find definitely anything that might touch or irritate the cervix can definitely trigger it.

It could be absolutely nothing or it could be, as you know, a sign that something isn't right. Is there any reason your cervix would be irritated? Sex, you've been checking cervical position, you've had a scan (even if abdominal, I get spotting even after these), had treatment for thrush, etc.? Any of those can cause spotting and bleeding. Personally, I've had bleeding (like sometimes full on, heavy, soaking through things bleeding) in all of my pregnancies and it's been the heaviest in my two healthy pregnancies? I actually didn't have much spotting and only one wipe of blood with my miscarriage (this was with waiting 6 weeks for a mc to happen and eventually I needed a d&c). So in my experience, spotting and even heavy bleeding can be completely normal in pregnancy. I had about two weeks of it with this baby around 7-9 weeks, including about 2 days of pretty heavy bleeding. All was fine. I'm 19 weeks now and I'm not had any more since around 12 ish weeks. Sometimes it's just one of those things, but I find definitely anything that might touch or irritate the cervix can definitely trigger it.

Thank you for your input. I haven't been checking my cervix or had sex, etc, but TMI, I did have a bowel movement about an hour before I had the pink tinged CM. I know in my last pregnancy I had a very friable/angry cervix and I seem to recall a similar experience after exercising/having a bowel movement early in the pregnancy. I am continuing to have all, and more, pregnancy symptoms (like increased nausea) but I guess all I can do is keep an eye on it and hopefully it doesn't pick up and that it goes away. First trimester is the worst, especially after having a loss. I'm feeling optimistic though. Really trying to prepare myself for the worst, too. I have my first midwife appointment this Thursday, the 21, so hopefully I can get some answers.

I had pink tinged cm after a bowel movement early on in my pregnancy then at 9 weeks a full blown bright red bleed I was diagnosed with a sch if u ring epau they will scan u xx

I had pink tinged cm after a bowel movement early on in my pregnancy then at 9 weeks a full blown bright red bleed I was diagnosed with a sch if u ring epau they will scan u xx

Thank you! I had my first midwife appointment and she told me my cervix was really very friable, easy to bleed, so that was likely the cause. No scans for me until I'm 11 weeks along... 😢

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->