Help???? Lost

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
I'm not even sure where to start anymore! Any advice appreciated as I am LOST.

She was getting baby rice in the morning and then evenings at around 4 1/2 months and a taste of different baby foods now and then and she was happy about it. I had a battle ax of a nusre take a strip out of me and I got so upset I stopped giving her anything but her formula. The nurse today says that there was no reason for it as I was within the guidelines, but....

now I have to give her food and I'm so scared to do it. I knew that they would tell me to and had been trying this last week to give her a bit here and there and now she won't eat anything, no interest in anything that is on a spoon! WTH what do I do now?

She has eaten/gummed in the last week a couple stalks of asparagus but that's it! How do I get her back to actually eating? Cuz she doesn't even want rice cereal anymore and she loved it.

Please give me some ideas

You could try again with baby cereal, maybe porridge is she's not taking to rice this time around.

Try giving her the spoon to play with, she may try to put it in her own mouth and not find it quite so scary and you could give her some puree to squash about with and make a mess. Once she's used to playing with it she may let you get a couple of spoonfuls of cereal or puree in her mouth.

You may need to put a big towel or sheet down and get her naked - easier to put straight in the bath after - I didn't with Lewis and spent an hour trying to get broccoli & sweet potato off the carpet :rofl:

You might also try more baby led weaning, giving her finger foods to eat. Hannah does a bit of both, finger foods and purees. She loves toast fingers, cheese blocks (not to much though as it constipates her), cheerios, berries, bananas, avocados etc. for her finger foods

You could also mix fuites with baby rice... I know ome people say start with veggies... But we started with rice cereal and then applesauce and she hasnt refused anything yet.

You could try again with baby cereal, maybe porridge is she's not taking to rice this time around.

Try giving her the spoon to play with, she may try to put it in her own mouth and not find it quite so scary and you could give her some puree to squash about with and make a mess. Once she's used to playing with it she may let you get a couple of spoonfuls of cereal or puree in her mouth.

Tried the oatmeal no real luck :( I gave her some applesauce on her tray the other night in hopes that some would get in her mouth... none did but way too funny :rofl:

You might also try more baby led weaning, giving her finger foods to eat. Hannah does a bit of both, finger foods and purees. She loves toast fingers, cheese

blocks (not to much though as it constipates her), cheerios, berries, bananas, avocados etc. for her finger foods
Hmmm, think I'm giong to look more into this

You could also mix fuites with baby rice... I know ome people say start with veggies... But we started with rice cereal and then applesauce and she hasnt refused anything yet.

Think I will try this at group today during snack time maybe she will eat something

TBH it's easier to get Hannah to eat the finger foods than the purees :lol: She loves fresh fruits/toast fingers/cheese etc.

After today I think this will be the way to go for us we are having no luck no matter what I have tried..

Asparagus spears here we come

Sometimes if I'm having issues getting Hannah to eat purees I put finger foods on her try and that distracts her somewhat so I get at least a few spoonfuls in. She absolutely loves Cheerios, they melt in her mouth but are small and take a while for her to get into her mouth, while she's trying I sneak the spoon in :rofl:

Note to self to pick up some cheerios tommorow as I just bought a ton of baby food the other day and would hate to see it go to waste

If you think it's the spoon she doesn't like you could try getting some of her food on your finger and feeding her off your finger to start with. The spoon is new to her but your finger isn't new!

Also starting at 6 months is a guideline. Especially if you are going to do baby led weaning it is all about starting when your baby is ready and not a minute before. Like, my baby is really big for his age and the health visitors and all said he wants food and he seemed to be showing the signs... but when I tried early he didn't take then one day he just started.

Last night we had sweet potato puree for Hannah which she turned her nose up at! But we had also steamed some broccoli and cut it up and put it on her tray, once she saw that she ate both! I think combination feeding (finger foods + a puree to get rid of what I have ;)) is definitely the way we're going

I'm really starting to think it's all about what she can feed herself. Today she was all about the gerber puffs (look like cheesies but for babies) she went through most of what I had in the diaper bag! So I need to figure out how to give her more things like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->