Help me become unboring

beth_terri

Reaction score
Everything about me is boring!

My hair, my clothes, my personality!

I want to look nice :(

Ive got a blunt full fringe with straight shoulder length brown hair. I like the colour so im not going to dye it. But I hate that it always looks the same! I don't know how to put it up or do anything different with it.

I also want nice clothes! Where can I buy nice, fashionable but cheap clothes from?

Im only 21 and feel like an old boring woman

My hair is the same. I have no idea what to do with it. Most of the time its just pinned back. I re-dye once every few months, but only to brighten my auburn, not to properly change it.

Pinterest is good for hair tips. I try to pin it in different ways sometimes or do an easy daytime updo. I generally wear bright clothes, dresses to make me feel good rather than wearing baggy rubbish!

Aw. Don't feel like that about yourself-I'm sure your not boring at all.

I do think it's common to lose a bit of your identity when you have kids. Your so busy with them.

I like next, h&m and asos for clothes.

Do something different-paint your nails, buy a different lipstick, try your hair up.

Xx

It doesn't help that my original few friends from school are wanting to meet up soon. They've all been to uni, are super skinny, have no children and always look gorgeous in designer clothes lol :( then there's frumpy me wearing the same things all the time
x

But they are probably envious of you-gorgeous kids a little family!

I tend to wear my same few clothes too. Just through stuff on in the morning without a second thought.

Make sure you give yourself me-time, like I say do your nails, look online for clothes you like, get a nice bubble bath. It's easy just to be mummy all the time.

Choose something nice to wear when you meet your friends and get glammed up

They will more likey think yummy mummy not frumpy Hun
Xx

I like Dorothy Perkins or new look for tops and next for trousers or basic vests/t shirts. I also always have my nails painted (I do a proper mani/pedi every Sunday night then just need to do little repairs during the week) and every Sunday I have a proper bubble bath, exfoliate, moisturise/fake tan which makes me feel so much better. I always wear make up too no matter what I'm doing each day. I don't ever experiment with make up though, I'm quite boring with that.

I feel boring compared to some people as all I do is work every day and every evening and then I'm a mum, so never go out - its my mission to try and go out more so I've started saying yes to every invitation that comes my way (provided I can get a babysitter) sometimes I don't feel like going out because I'm so tired but i make myself go and have a great time!

zara have a sale on! I love there stuff, also just go crazy with your hair curl it straighten it pull it up in a pony tail and mess it up what ever you want. Get tons of bobby pins they are always handy to pin it up. Buy some new make up something different a new lip colour or buy an eyebrow pencil little things will make a huge difference to how you feel.

I'm 21 too and after Freya I lost myself but now im not scared to try any thing im always changing my hair colour or buying different new clothes. Tesco and Matalan sometimes have some nice bits too. xx

I love h and m, for affordable fashionable clothes; what kind of colours do you go for? You're young so go for bright colours, I bought some cerise pink cigarette trousers and a multicoloured leopard print shirt for h and m a few weeks back ( see pic included) buy a bright lipstick, have a manicure, put some rollers in your hair- it makes a world of difference! Xx

[URL=https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/j8g6.jpg/][IMG]https://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6796/j8g6.jpg[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Its all about experimentation.

A good place to start is have a look on videos on youtube about hair styles etc and try different ones out and find one you like. I've been blonde, brunette, dark red, back to my original colour and back to blonde again in the past four years. If you don't like your fringe then pin it back and grow it out- will look silly for a while but it will grow out! Try with hair rollers- there are tutorials on youtube. You can get a set for a couple of pounds from boots and then if you like them you can invest in a decent set- I love my sleep in rollers!

RE clothes- your best bet is to go onto the high street and try some different things on that you like- again, you have to experiment to find something that "suits". If you have a large topshop near by chances are they do personal shopping. It is free and you are under no obligation to buy the clothes but you can go and get the advice of a "professional" on what suits you.

I don't really agree with the essence of 'fashionable' clothing. What do YOU like?! Even if it's really unusual, or you feel you shouldn't as you're a mum, or it's quite boring- if you like it, wear it! You might feel strange at first but you'll soon get used to it. As for cheap, I adore second hand places, such as Northern Quarter in Manchester, but having moved to the middle of nowhere I make do with Etsy and Asos Marketplace. If that isn't your style then try places like Boohoo.com (maybe?!) and Sheinside.com is fantastic for all manner of things. Pinterest is great for fashion and hair ideas. I'm addicted!

I think find someone you like the style of and then perhaps work around that? You dont have to be a slave to that look, just use it as inspiration? Buy a few magazines, see what you like and not necessarily what is fashionable. If you like something but dont think its you, try it with something that is safer. Skinny jeans/leggings teamed with a tunic looks good on all ages and even sizes. Quirky prints/colours to make it a bit different.

I don't really agree with the essence of 'fashionable' clothing. What do YOU like?! Even if it's really unusual, or you feel you shouldn't as you're a mum, or it's quite boring- if you like it, wear it! You might feel strange at first but you'll soon get used to it. As for cheap, I adore second hand places, such as Northern Quarter in Manchester, but having moved to the middle of nowhere I make do with Etsy and Asos Marketplace. If that isn't your style then try places like Boohoo.com (maybe?!) and Sheinside.com is fantastic for all manner of things. Pinterest is great for fashion and hair ideas. I'm addicted!

YES! I agree with this. It is what You feel comfortable with. I totally don't keep up with trends but I do care about what I wear. I vary between geek tv show tshirt & skinny jeans to a flouncy vintage dress. I don't really do trends, or suit trends, but sure thats boring anyway :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->